ABOUT THE LAWTREE CLUB
The LawTree Club is an open-access student-run publishing house, which is established with the objective of creating a platform to emphasize the legal issues through the prism of social sciences and political science. This publication house publishes original work of students and scholars on the fields of law, social science as well as political science which are evaluated on the basis of quality and methodology of research work. LawTree Club has been ranked 52nd amongst top 100 law blogs in India by Feedspot. Thus, this platform aims at creating a set of legal knowledge for the viewers and offers an excellent experience at legal writing.
- Women empowerment laws in India
- An overview of Rape Laws in India
- Critical Analysis of capital punishment in India
- Suicide and its legal provisions in India
- Understanding sex crimes and laws relating to it
- The insanity defence: Loopholes for criminals
- Police Brutality
- An overview of Divorce and the laws relating to it under the various personal laws.
- Domestic violence
- Child Abuse
- Child custody and guardianship laws in India
- Battered woman Syndrome
SOCIAL AND POLITICAL
- Gender Discrimination in India
- LGBT rights in India
- Caste Hegemony and Laws in India
- Racial discrimination and Colourism
- Elder abuse in India
- Climate changes and Sustainability
- Population control
- An analysis on Wildlife Conservation laws in India
- Animal Abuse and its laws
- Covid-19 and the scope of Disaster management act, 2005
- Articles shall be of 2000-2500 words. (inclusive of footnotes)
- All submissions have to be made in an MS word document, with a font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- Plagiarism only up to 15% is acceptable.
- All submissions must be sent to the provided e-mail ID – [email protected]
- The subject of the e-mail should be “Submission of Article writing competition”.
- The submission shall also be accompanied with another MS word document which is the Cover letter, comprising of the Name of the author, Designation of the Author, Name and address of the University along with the year of study (if applicable), contact number and the email ID.
- Select any theme of your choice and choose any one topic under that particular theme. The name of the Topic and the Theme should be mentioned in your manuscript.
All undergraduate and postgraduate students and scholars from a recognized School/University/College are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The fees for registration shall be Rupees 50/- per Indian participant and $1 for international participants.
- The last date for registration: 12th July 2020.
- The last date for submission: 19th July 2020.
- Declaration of results: 26th July 2020.
- 1st position: Rupees 1000/-
- 2nd position: Rupees 500/-
- 3rd position: Rupees 300/-
- 4th position: Rupees 200/-
An e-certificate of participation shall be issued to all the participants. The top 10 participants shall be awarded a certificate of excellence and their articles shall be published on our website.
Abhijeet Kumar (Managing Editor)- [email protected]
Note: The details of the registration form should be filled carefully and match the details of your article. The forms will be rejected in case of any wrong submission and misguided details.