ABOUT GAUTAM BUDDHA UNIVERSITY
Gautam Buddha University is a State university, established under the Uttar Pradesh Gautam Buddha University Act, 2002 (U.P. Act No. (9) of 2002), recognized by UGC and accredited by the NAAC. The University envisions to become a world class centre for excellence in education. The uniqueness of the University is acknowledged through the format, content and pedagogy of its programmes and their relevance to the society.
ABOUT SCHOOL OF LAW JUSTICE AND GOVERNANCE
The School of Law, Justice & Governance envisions to foster advancement of learning, teaching and research in the fields of law, justice and governance. The School aims to set the fine balance between the theoretical knowledge with practical learning and development of skills, and professional attitude through clinical legal education.
ABOUT NATIONAL VIRTUAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2020
In the wake of deadly COVID-19 pandemic, the world has been facing unprecedented situation. The most effective measures the societies have undertaken are non-exposure to each other and locking down into their premises. But at the same time, we are not standing apart; by the use of the technological advancement, the School of Law, Justice & Governance of Gautam Buddha University feels honoured to organize First National Virtual Moot Court Competition, 2020 to engage the ignited minds who are open to sharpen the skills in research and pleadings in a creative way. By using virtual platform, the event aims to instil confidence in students and motivate them to overcome the ongoing crisis by exploring new dimension of innovation in legal practice skill generation.
All students who are pursuing Integrated 5 year LL.B. or 3 year LL.B. programmes from recognized Law Schools, Universities and Institutions across India shall be eligible to participate.
1. Each participating team shall comprise of two (2) members. No limitation on the number of teams participating from a college/Institution.
2. No team shall contradict the composition mentioned above. No faculty member, coach, or a designated observer will be allowed to join the video-conferencing or chat room during the sessions.
3. The language of the competition will be English.
1. Winner: INR 5000 (Five thousand) and e-certificate.
2. Runner Up: INR 2500 (Twenty five hundred) and e-certificate.
3. Best Memorial: INR 2000 and e-certificate.
4. Best Mooter : INR 2000 and e-certificate.
5. Special prize to the winners by SCC Online.
|LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATIONS (THROUGH GOOGLE FORM)||15TH MAY, 2020|
|LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF SOFT COPY OF MEMORIALS AND VIDEO||25TH MAY, 2020|
|ORAL ROUNDS||5TH -6TH JUNE, 2020|
|ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS||6TH JUNE, 2020|
1. Amount of Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only) per team to be deposited via NEFT to the university bank account.
2. Fee once paid is non-refundable.
Link for the brochure: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vFKhi0Eks3fH8wkzcs6-1T5i8Zb9ELe2
Link for registration: https://forms.gle/cA51GTbGSY84Mwby8