IDS is proud to present “The Social Network” in partnership with “Teach for India”. This initiative is a bridge that connects the youth to various social causes that surround us. Aligning with our organization’s motto, this project aims at creating knowledge and awareness amongst the youth, of the persisting societal issues utilizing dialogue, deliberation, and resolution. Our goal is to collaborate with a non-profit organization that is actively working on one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and helps them achieve their objectives with the help of our youth’s vision.
This project will take place in the form of an article writing competition spanning over 3 months. As we know, the pandemic has disrupted the education system for children. It is high time for the youth to come up with resolutions that will help overcome or leverage the impact of the pandemic. Hence, this year we are targeting Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education.
Theme: Sustainable Development Goal 4 – Quality Education
- Interpreting the role of teachers in building safe and inclusive learning spaces for children.
- Strengthening the public education system in post-pandemic India.
- Inclusion of climate change education in the Indian academic curriculum.
Eligibility – 15 – 25 years
- Our proud partner Teach for India has provided the participants with a theme and a set of topics revolving around SDG 4 and their own set of objectives. Participants need to choose any one topic based on which they shall arrive at a feasible set of resolutions.
- This set of resolutions will be presented in the form of a well-researched article whose format is provided at the end of this page, with a clear set of rules and guidelines. Participants would need to make sure that their proposal is practical, viable, and aligns with SDG 4 and Teach for India’s objectives. The participants who will successfully build an effective resolution according to the guidelines will be announced as winners.
- Go through the eligibility criteria mentioned. Research, brainstorm, and arrive at a set of solutions that could help Teach For India achieve its objectives in a significant manner.
- Register for this competition by sharing the required details through the link below.
- Submit your article via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6th October 2021 (11:59 pm).
- Refer to the document attached below, to get a clear understanding of the format and guidelines to get started with your article. For further queries, email us at email@example.com
Format and Guidelines – https://drive.
Fee Details: INR 100
Cash Prizes: Winner – INR 1,500, 1st Runner Up – INR 1,000, 2nd Runner Up – INR 500
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity for all authors to publish their opinions on reputed platforms and ideate solutions for the persisting issues surrounding children’s education in India.
- All the authors get a digital certificate and a token of appreciation issued by IDS, mentioning the title partner ‘Teach for India’ and prestigious collaborators, along with volunteering opportunities.
- The winner and two runners-up shall be awarded cash prizes, exclusive gift vouchers, and exciting opportunities from our esteemed collaborators.
- The winner and two runners-up shall be getting an internship opportunity with IDS Mumbai or with the fellow collaborators of this project and additional benefits provided by them.
- 10 honorable mentions shall be given to authors who will get a chance to publish their articles on our website and get a shout-out on our social media platforms.
Registration closes – 20th September 2021
Submission deadline – 6th October 2021
Contact information – queries@ids-org.
To know more about us visit, www.ids-org.in
Registration link – https://forms.gle/