There are various issues in the society covering various aspects of it. These issues involve different social and legal aspects of it. We come across many literatures i.e. articles, policy papers, commentaries, documentaries, short films etc. touching these issues. Most impactful out of these all is visual representation of an issue. Impact of this lasts for long in our memory compared to other mediums. Looking at this, ProBono India launched a unique competition of making short film on Socio Legal issues in year 2017. We received very good numbers of entries touching various contemporary issues in the society. Hope to receive wonderful piece of work in 4th edition of the competition.
- You are required to make the film without breaking the Social Distancing Rule and Lockdown Rule issued by the Government.
- You are advised to make film using available resources and cast from your family.
- Films on Covid-19 related issues are highly encouraged and suggested.
- The movie can be fiction/non-fiction
- Please try to avoid various clips from previous work that’s available in public domain. If taking, it must be given credit without fail.
- Any person/organization/institutions etc. from India, foreign countries can participate in the competition.
- Film must cover Social and Legal aspects.
- Film must not be duration of more than 5 minutes.
- Film should carry originality i.e. contain on ground work. It should not be compilation of different clips from YouTube or any other sources.
- Film could be in any language. It must have English sub-title.
- Film should have not been submitted to anywhere.
- There should not be any copyright violation.Film to be uploaded on YouTube with proper title and description of the film. Film must not be uploaded anywhere i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. or communicated to anybody until result is announced. Violation of this guideline will lead to disqualification of entry. YouTube link is more convenient than DVD/CD submission as it can be shared easily with judges/panelist across the country.
YouTube link to be sent to email@example.com along with filled in registration form. – Film to be submitted by May 31, 2020
Judging the entries
- Entries will be judged by panel of judges from Filmmaking, Sociology, Public Policy, Legal Background.
- Filmmaking skills will be judged by Chitrapat Communication, Ahmedabad and its associates, group circle, film makers, experts in film making. Social aspects to be judged by experts from Sociology, Public Policy and Legal aspects by law professors, professionals, experts.
- Marking Pattern : – Social Aspects 35 Marks, Legal Aspects 35 Marks, Filmmaking Skill 30 Marks. These marks can be divided in further small part as per judges’ convenience.
- Certificates, Cash prizes & Mementos will be given to best three entries. First Rank Rs. 6,000, Second Rank Rs. 4,000 & Third Rank Rs. 3,000. In case of tie, entry will be sent to experts for further evaluation.
- All entries will be given an e-certificate of participation for submission.
Outcome of the competition:
- Competition will result in some thought provoking piece of works.
- Organizer will compile selected videos in suitable form.
- Compilation in form of CD will be sent to different institutions including NSD, New Delhi, FTII, Pune, universities, ministries and government departments etc.
- Compilation also will be uploaded on ProBono YouTube Channel. (Link)
- It is complete matter of discretion for the organizer to prepare compilation or not.
- Compilation will only be possible if good qualities of films are received in sufficient numbers.
For any further information or clarification, please contact,
Dr. Kalpeshkumar L Gupta
Founder – ProBono India
C/397, Hariomnagar, G H B Pandesara
Surat 394 221, Gujarat, India
Mob. +91 99248 97691
E-mail :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : – www.probono-india.in
Please refer some videos for better understanding:
For More : https://knowledgesteez.wordpress.com/2020/04/27/probono-india-in-association-with-kamendu-joshi-associates-advocates-corporate-attorneys-legal-consultants-presents-4th-dr-a-p-j-abdul-kalam-international-socio-legal-film-making-competi/