About the Institute and Moot
School of Law, Presidency University is organising its 4th Presidency University Moot Court Competition, 2020. This edition of our flagship moot court competition is scheduled to be held from 9th April 2020 to 11th April 2020.
The Moot Court Association of the School of Law, Presidency University has been organizing our Moot Court Competition since 2016, when we were honoured to host the Bar Council of India’s premier Moot Court Competition. This year’s competition involves a proposition within the broad area of International Humanitarian Law.
The Competition is open to any team comprising students enrolled in a 3-year law degree programme or a 5-year integrated law degree programme in an institution recognized by the Bar Council of India. The competition is also open to students pursuing a law degree from any International University. A recognized College/Institution/University shall be entitled to send only one Team to the Competition.
Each team shall comprise of a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. In a Team comprising of two members, both the members shall be designated as Orators. In a Team comprising of three members, two members shall be designated as Orators and the third member shall be designated as a Researcher.
Presidency University, Itgalpura, Rajanukante, Yelahanka, Bengaluru, India- 560064
We will be sending the competition rules, a detailed schedule of the competition, along with the proposition, shortly. Meanwhile, you can provisionally register your institution by sending us a mail on mca[at]presidencyuniversity.in., providing us with the requisite institutional details latest by February 15, 2020.
- Last date to provisionally register: February 15, 2020
- Release of Proposition/Commencement of Registration (tentative): On or before February 10, 2020
- Last date for Registration: February 29, 2020
- Last date for seeking clarifications of Problem: February 29, 2020
- Release of clarifications of Problem: March 5, 2020
- Inauguration, Orientation and Researchers Test: April 9, 2020
- Submission of Memorials (Five Hard Copies): April 9, 2020
- Oral Rounds – Preliminary (2 rounds), Octo-finals (if required, subject to the discretion of organisers) and Quarterfinals: April 10, 2020
- Oral Rounds – Semi-finals and Finals: April 11, 2020
- Valedictory Ceremony & Prize distribution: April 11, 2020
Mr. Abhijit B, Faculty Convener: +91 8891719173
Ms. Praneesha Nayyar, Student Convener: +91 7697541008