Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) has implemented key innovative programmes to add value and bring quality to its beneficiaries. ANGIKAAR– a campaign for change management is one such initiative that was launched aligning to Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision to address issues that arise from life transformation after moving into pucca houses.
In this regard proposes to conduct an Essay Competition titled Humara Ghar, Humari Khushiyan” (Our Home, Our Happiness) for Citizens and PMAY (U) beneficiaries or their family members through MyGov.
- Any Citizen who has witnessed life transformation of a beneficiary after moving into a PMAY (U) house may participate.
- Any PMAY (U) beneficiary OR his/her family member who has experienced transformation because of owning a house under the scheme may participate.
- Officers/ State Level Technical Cells (SLTC) & CLTC specialists or any individual working for the Mission are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- The participant may begin the essay/ story with an introduction of the family, number of people, livelihood, conditions of life and their house, which may include the positive and negative aspects.
- A brief narration about the journey of getting a pucca house, was it a collective effort, the feeling of ownership by family members etc.
- Narrate the impact after owning a house e.g. emotions experienced, joy, security, dignity, empowerment for women & children, elevation in social status, respect within the community etc.
- Word Limit: The essay will consist of not more than 300 – 500 words, presented in one page.
- Language: The essay can be written in English or Hindi or Local or Regional language.
Last date of submission of entries is 30th January, 2020 till 5pm.
For any queries, contact