SamVidhi is a socio-legal venture with an aim to encourage & provide a platform to all those who wish to hone their research skills and provide their diverse insights on the contemporary social, legal, environmental, political, economic and international developments. This platform has been crafted to disseminate quality and in-depth analysis and opinions pertaining to inter-disciplinary issues in the form of blogs.
• Sub-Topics – Child rights, sexual harassment and abuse, animal rights, environmental law, and Article 19 & 21 of the Indian Constitution.
• The quiz will be conducted in 2 stages. Top 8 participants of 1st stage will qualify for the 2nd stage. The quiz for the 1st stage will be heldon Google Forms.
• The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Group.
• SamVidhi will not be responsible in case of any connectivity/device failure or other issues during the Quiz.
• Quiz will contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) only, from which a participant has to choose one option. There will also be some application based questions for which the participants will be provided a reading material two hours prior to the competition.
• The Prelim Round will have 40 questions; each question will carry 01 mark.
• There will be no negative marking. However, in case of a tie, the participant with less number of wrong answers will be given preference.
• Total time period to attempt these questions will be 25 minutes. 2 marks will be deducted per minute in case of late submission. Further, no submission shall be accepted after 3 minutes of delay.
• The finals of the quiz shall be organised on “Zoom”.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
• No complaint regarding the network issues during any stage of the quiz will be entertained.
• The quiz will be conducted on 29th August 2020 at 3:30 pm to 3:55 pm, to avoid any inconvenience; the participants are advised to be ready 10 minutes before the commencement of the quiz. The finals shall be conducted at 5:30 PM on the same day.
• The organisers reserve the right to amend or repeal any rule, eligibility criteria, format or platform of the competition at any time before the commencement of the competition.
• Cash Prize worth Rs. 1500.
1st position: Rs. 700; 2ndposition: Rs 500 & 3rd position: Rs. 300;
• Internship opportunity for the Top 2 at the Chambers of Mr. Jayant Bhatt, Advocate at theSupreme Court of India and Delhi High Court*;
• All the participants shall get an e-certificate of Participation.
• Participation fee: Rs. 50/-
• Payment of fee can be done using Paytm or Google Pay on the number 9537317892.
• After payment of fee, the participant(s) needs to fill the google form here.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
All under-graduate students of 3 year/5year law course. The team shall consist of only one person.
• Last date of registration- 26th August 2020
• Date of Online Quiz Competition- 29th August 2020
Note: * the period and nature of the internship, whether at-chamber or online, shall depend on the decision of the Chamber.
In case of any dispute, the decision of SamVidhi shall be final.
Our Law Chamber Partner: Chamber of Mr. Jayant Bhatt.
Mr. Bhatt is an Independent Lawyer based out of New Delhi, India.
He holds dual Masters of Law (LL.M.)from New York University, USA & National University of Singapore and is a member of the Supreme Court Bar Association and Delhi High Court Bar Association.
His office caters to varied clients comprising of Governmental and Non-Governmental Bodies, Multinationals, Financial Institutions and individuals in an array of matters.
Mr Bhatt besides being a practicing Advocate is also a prolific speaker at various platforms and is an individual with firm belief in greater societal good.
He has a keen interest in teaching and mentoring young minds and is an advisory board member to various organisations.
He regularly features in news articles & columns and is also a writer and a thought leader.