ABOUT PRESIDENCY UNIVERSITY
Presidency Group of Institutions (PGI) constitutes 8 Schools, 2 colleges and 1 University. Presidency University, which has been awarded with the title of ‘Best Emerging University’ in South India, has strongly advocated Equal Opportunity and Gender Inclusivity as a University Policy. The University’s academic programme is designed to foster intellectual vibrancy, academic rigour and community activism. Located in the picturesque neighbourhood of Rajanukunte, Bangalore Rural, it has a huge green expanse of 66 acres and buildings of sheer architectural beauty.
Presidency University has 6 schools, one of them being School of Law. The School of Law of Presidency University offers Undergraduate Integrated 5-Year Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Law, 1-year Master’s Degree Programme in Law and PhD programme in Law. Three different 5-Years Integrated Bachelor Degree Honors Programs in Law viz. B.A., LL.B.[Hons.], BBA.,LL.B.[Hons.], and B.Com., LL.B.[Hons.] have been designed with a multi-disciplinary interface. The Post Graduate Programme in Law is offered in three distinct domain areas-Intellectual Property Rights, Technology Law and Gender Studies. The diverse and inclusive community in the School of Law has helped create a deeper, richer and more supportive experience for every student, faculty as well as the administrators. There is a strong focus on capstone opportunities, including seminars, research forums, clinics, and opportunities in other schools and departments, in which students can bring to bear in sophisticated ways, the knowledge they have acquired in their prior courses. In pursuance of this intellectual exercise, the School of Law takes the opportunity in the organization of this National Seminar.
PAPERS ARE INVITED ON THE FOLLOWING SUB-THEMES AND SUCH RELATED THEMES WHICH CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE OBJECTIVE OF THE SEMINAR.
1. WASH and Gender Equality
2. Gender Responsive-Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
3. Mainstreaming the Right to Water and Sanitation in India
4. Public Policy: Accessible and affordable WASH
5. Judicial Activism and WASH
6. Equality, Equity, Development and Sanitation
OBJECTIVES OF THE SEMINAR
• To explore the various aspects of WASH from the perspective of gender justice and women’s rights.
• To promote an exchange of tested ideas about gender mainstreaming in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) projects.
• To clarify basic concepts of gender analysis framework (GAFs) and to introduce gender planning tools (GPTs) in implementing WASH projects
• To provide a platform of opportunities for participants to share ideas with renowned leaders, seasoned business women and academicians, industry titans, and development partners to establish global partnerships for future business, research and project collaborations.
• Last Date for Abstract Submission: February 25, 2021
• Communication of Selected Abstract: Rolling basis (On or before February 25, 2021)
• Last date of Registration: March 5, 2021
• Submission of Full Paper: March 15, 2021
• Seminar Date: March 27, 2021
For any further clarifications mail us at solpuseminar@
presidencyuniversity.in or, contact the Student Coordinators:
• Saumya Raj : 9123195435
• Kiran Shree Baruah: 8414090304
• Muskan Ajitsaria: 9831727177
• Abinash Bharadwaj: 7086512788
BROCHURE : Click Here