About Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Mumbai
Students for the Promotion of International Law, as the name suggests, is a student body which cynosures International Law. With an increasing need for awareness in the field of International Law, we maintain that such awareness is put into an impetus through the diverse events we conduct within the versatile subject of International Law. At SPIL, we take a novel approach for Students and Academia alike, to let them be a part of the discourse, to explore the magnificently huge sphere of International Law, while always keeping in mind the grey and equivocal areas of the subject and attempting to abridge the same.
SPIL organises a series of Lectures and workshops every year for various aspects of International Law but the sphere is not restricted only to the pure subject matter, it also entertains issues pertaining to methodology of research in the subject, the paradigm set for how ground realities are and other things which pivot around International Law.
About the National Legal Article Writing Competition
In an attempt to facilitate legal studies, Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Mumbai publishes a legal magazine called the ‘International Law Journal’, its yearly publication. The International Law Annual comprises of literature on the myriad aspects of International Law through an engaging confluence of short articles, analytic works on landmark cases, and interviews with legal luminaries on contemporary issues, discussions and analysis on international legislation, and book reviews.
Accordingly, SPIL, Mumbai is pleased to hold the National Legal Article Writing Competition calling for articles from the law students across the country.
Cap on Entries
First 30 submitted articles will be considered.
Students/participants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, i.e., 3-year LL.B. Course or 5-year LL.B from any recognized college or university or pursuing LL.M from any recognized university.
“International Law and Ethics amidst a Pandemic”
Sub-Topics: (Participants are required to choose from one of the following Sub-Topics.)
- Turbulence in Trade and Economy amidst a Pandemic.
- The Role of UN Agencies and International Law in containing Pandemics.
- Responses of Different Political States in a Pandemic.
- Plights & Measures for Migrant Labour Forces amid Pandemics.
- Rectification of Medico- Legal Issues Generated in Pandemics.
Awards and Merit
Best Paper: INR 5000/- + Publication in the SPIL International Law Journal + Certificate of Merit
2nd Best Paper: INR 3000/- + Certificate of Merit
Participants will receive a Certificate of Participation
Participants must send in their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59 pm on the 11th of May, 2020.
- Only a single submission may be made from each participant.
- The articles should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- The articles published elsewhere or selected/ submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- Participants may seek Individual participation only. An article co-authored by two or more students will not be accepted.
- The entries shall be the property of SPIL, Mumbai which reserves the right of publication of the same in any periodical, journal, newsletter, digital material or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate.
- The organising committee’s decision as regards the interpretation of the rules or any other matter related to the Competition shall be final and binding.
1. The name of the author should not be mentioned anywhere in the article.
2. The article is to have a minimum of 3000 words and a maximum of 4000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
3. The article should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and the Line Spacing of the article should be double-spaced (2.0), justified.
4. The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.0.
5. The margins on all pages must be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
6. Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
7. The submissions must be sent by email to email@example.com with the subject “Submission: National Legal Article Writing Competition”.
8. The body of the e-mail must specify the name of the author, theme & sub-topic, title of the article, name of the author, college/institute/university of author, programme enrolled & year of study of author, e-mail address & contact no. of author
9. The submission must be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ and ‘pdf’ format.
For any further queries please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us:
Osho Dubey: (+91) 8318441496
Yash Layazawala: (+91) 9619710858
BROCHURE : Click Here
WEBSITE : www.spilmumbai.com