The Manipal Education Group is an established leader in the field of education, research, and healthcare. In a span of over six decades, it has transformed the lives of more than 3, 00,000 students from over 59 countries. The group includes five Universities – Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE, Karnataka), Sikkim Manipal University (Sikkim), American University of Antigua (Caribbean Islands), Manipal International University (Malaysia), and Manipal University Jaipur (Jaipur).
Human rights cell was established by students of Manipal University during the academic year of 2019-2020. The cell aims to create awareness about human rights and help those who are in need. One of the most important priorities of the cell is to help an individual lead a decent and dignified life without infringing the rights of others.
Legal humming is an initiative to provide a platform to lawyers, critics, poets, journalists, and all those who write to express to raise their voice for a better chance. Legal humming is a publishing website that donates 7% of its profits to those who are legally unaided or to the military benefits.
Human Rights Cell in collaboration with Legal Humming is glad to announce its 1st National Extempore Competition. The extempore will be on “Factual topics”. The topics will be given on the spot.
EXTEMPORE WILL BE ON FACTUAL TOPICS.
Law students (both undergraduate and postgraduate), management students, economics students, and other undergraduate students from recognized school/college who are interested to speak on this theme are eligible to participate. Teachers, research scholars, legal professionals, and other those who are interested.
- Human Rights Cell in the collaboration With Legal Humming will be Conducting a National Extempore Competition and maximum of 30 participants can participate on a first come and first serve basis.
- All the participants will get the unique code by E-mail, which use to call that respective participant at his/her chance.
- The topic will be given by our team 7 Minutes Prior to the competition and participants has to speak a minimum for 4 minutes and maximum up to 7 minutes.
- It will be an online platform that will be conducted on Google Meet.
- The timings of the competition are from 4 to 7 P.M.
The participants shall be judged on the following criteria:
- Knowledge: Understanding of the topic; research; the amount of work involved in the preparation
- Utilization of time: the participants shall be judged on the basis of utilization of time that is whether participants have used time inappropriate manner and have put forward their points within the time limit.
- Voice: Did the participant speak clearly and not ‘read’
- Fluency: There was fluency in delivering their knowledge on the topic.
Rs. 150 is the registration fee for each participant.
To register click here:
Paytm: +91-8279717164 (Samarth Gogoi)
Google Pay: +91-8279717164 (Samarth Gogoi)
Phone Pay: +91-8279717164 (Samarth Gogoi)
UPI: +91-8279717164 (Samarth Gogoi)
For any other mode of transaction contact us at:
- Last date for ‘Registration’: 2nd November 2020
- Date of Competition: 7th November 2020
- Announcement of ‘Results’: 10th November 2020
- Certificate Distribution: 3rd Week of November 2020
PRIZES AND CERTIFICATES:
- All the top three participants will get the Cash Prize + Certificate of Merit + Special Recognition on our all Social Media Handler + Special Recognition on by Legal Humming.
- Any Five participants will get the Certificate of Appreciation on the basis of Judgement Criteria.
- All the participants will get the Certificate of Participation.
Bheeshm Sharma: 7568864383(Whatsapp Only)
Soumya Swaroop: 9560112384(Whatsapp Only)
Dr. Maryam Ishrat Beg (faculty coordinator)
For further details/queries mail us at email@example.com