KLE GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS
Karnataka Lingayat Education Society emphasizes on the sound mind and healthy body for spiritual enlightenment and social transformation. The “Saptarshis” (Seven Saints) namely M. R. Sakhare, S.S. Basavanal, B.S. Hanchinal, H.F. Kattimani, B.B. Mamadapur, P.R. Chikodi and V.V.Patil determined to serve and sacrifice their life for the upliftment of the community through education which is one of the essential constituent of life. Thus sown the seed on 13th November 1916 in the form of Anglo- Vernacular School. The society is growing unstoppably thereafter from strength to strength. At present 250 educational institution in the diverse faculties like Arts, Science, Commerce, Medicine, Engineering, Dental, Pharmacy, Architecture, Law, Nursing, Ayurveda, Management, Information Technology and Computer Science are catering the service from KG to PG including research. All institutions spread from unknown rural area to well known cities are at par excellence in infrastructure with high quality education which are accepted with wide acclaim by members of society and approved by NAAC/ Universities/NBA etc.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
The College was, started in the year 2016-17 under the aegis of the Karnataka Lingayat Education Society. The Institution started with an ambition to impart legal education, which is in fact a very important step towards spreading awareness and empowering the helpless in the society. The College is affiliated to University of Mumbai, and recognized by Bar Council of India, New Delhi. It conducts LL.B. (Three Years) & B.LS, LL.B (Five Years) Courses. The College also provides Certificate Courses in Cyber Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Human Rights and English Language.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
In the words of American journalist and actress Kate Field “If there is a word more repellent than all others to an actor, or to the descendant of actors, it is the word elocution”. Elocution is the art of delivering written or spoken language in the way best calculated to express the sense, beauty, or force of the words employed by the speaker. Nothing is more powerful than the power of words. Especially if the words come from someone we admire and look up to. We meet, watch and hear many leaders every day. Some we agree with and some we don’t. But, there are those who leave a great impact on the lives of millions of people around them, they change the fate of the country and they bring a change which once looked like a dream. We learn and imbibe from them the art of communication to develop the oratory skills.
Not all skills we have but we can certainly achieve them if we make them a habit in our lives. The dreams of today can be achieved only by focusing on developing the hidden skills by overcoming the fear that is resilient in us. While preparing for an elocution competition, it is very important to organize well. There are several factors which are adjudged during a competition. It is a culmination of voice quality, speech content and the
delivery standards. The people who are judging are very much influential and have deep knowledge of the topic. The topic has to be correctly understood. The topics can be from various fields in law dealing with the current social topics and the other topics in the international regime.
The competition tries to satisfy its goal by providing the participants the platform where they can show case their talents. Once the confidence on stage is high, it is good to improve other grounds. The uniqueness in the style of eloquence comes with years of experience. There rendition technique is learnt by the constant correction of a good teacher. There are several classes on elocution or public speaking which is good if you suffer from stage fear. The classes offer sessions that negate your fear, stage factor and apprehensions. The neutralization of accent is another viewpoint of the classes which is brought well in each session.
RULES FOR THE COMPETITION
1. The Competition shall be held on 29 th February 2020, from 9.00 am onwards.
2. Colleges can send four students from their respective colleges.
3. Each participant shall be deemed to be independent participant.
4. The students shall carry their college identity cards and produce the same during the drawing of lots on 29th February 2020.
5. Interested students should do an online registration on or before 15th February, 2020 on the email id [email protected] .
6. Registration fees must be submitted through online portal or DD along with complete registration form. No cash or cheque method of payment shall be allowed.
7. The participating candidates must adhere to all the rules and regulations of registration. Violation of any rule will attract dismissal of the candidate.
8. The acceptance and withdrawal of the application is left to the discretion of the hosting College.
9. The participating candidates must adhere to the dress code mentioned by the hosting College. i.e., for Boys: white formals shirt, black formal pant, Girls: white formal shirt /white kurta, black formal pant of black leggings BLAZER IS NOT MANDATORY.
10. Each participant will be given only 5 minutes. A warning bell will be given at the end of four minutes, then at five minutes. The computation of time shall start immediately after the final announcement of the names of the candidate called to speak on the allotted subject.
11. The language for the competition shall be in ENGLISH only.
12. Students are permitted to use any source of information during preparatory period. No book, document, file, electronic gadgets o rany other object shall be allowed to the participant at the stage.
13. There shall be negative marks for exceeding the time.
14. The contents should be relevant to the given topic.
15. Speakers will not be allowed to use any notes during the presentation.
16. Quotes or references from any poems are also permitted in the speech.
17. The decision of the Judges shall be final.
18. Out of the total registered participant the first 20 participants shall be selected for the second round and best 8 for the final round. The event shall conclude by declaration of 4 participants as winners.
TOPICS FOR COMPETITION
1. Do we Require Gender Neutral Law’s in light of the amendments to IPC?
2. Repercussions of the use social media on the political environment of India.
3. Whether India should have the proposed Population Regulation bill.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Students of Law colleges except for diplomas, Post graduate and research students.
Last Date for Registration: 15th February, 2020 till 5.00pm.
Student participation: A registration fee of Rs. 500 / – shall be payable by DD / NEFT to the organizers, pursuant to which the registered candidate shall become eligible for participation. No cheque or cash method of payment will be allowed.
MODE OF PAYMENT
The participation fee payable by each of the participantsshall be through demand draft drawn in favour of “KLE College of Law” payable at Mumbai or through online payment Details Mentioned Below.
1. Name of Bank CANARA BANK
2. Bank Account No. 4652101002417
3. IFSC Code CNRB0004652
4. Name of Account Holder KLE COLLEGE OF LAW
5. Name of Branch KHANDESHWAR KAMOTHE
1 st Prize – Rs. 15,000 /- + TrophyBy
2 nd Prize – Rs. 10,000 /-+ Trophy
3 rd Prize – Rs. 6000 /- + Trophy
Contact Person : Prof. Mohammed Salim Khan
Contact Number : 9322446010 / 9136549273.
Brochure : Click Here