IDIA PUNJAB CHAPTER ART COMPETITION: Register by September 19
“No matter where you are from, your dreams are valid.” -Lupita Nyong’o
IDIA Charitable Trust (IDIA or Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education) is a pan-India movement founded by Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer to train underprivileged students and help transform them into leading lawyers and community advocates. IDIA is premised on the notion that access to premier legal education empowers marginalized communities and helps them help themselves. IDIA selects and trains students from underprivileged backgrounds (IDIA Trainees) to crack top law entrance examinations in India. Once they are admitted to top law colleges, it provides a scholarship to these students (IDIA Scholars) that comprises financial support, training and mentorship among other things.
Read more about IDIA here: https://www.idialaw.org/
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
To pay homage to revered Prof. (Dr.) Basheer and to remember his noble vision, IDIA Punjab Chapter organizes an Essay Writing Competition to contribute to the training of the underprivileged children and taking them a step closer to manifesting their dreams of pursuing legal education.
- To encourage the young creative minds of the country to come forward and present their knowledge and views on the broad spectrum of contemporary legal developments in the world and in India.
- To use proceeds for promoting diversity, inclusivity and accessibility in legal education such as towards conducting sensitizations and training underprivileged students for law entrance examinations.
The competition will be open to all Indian students pursuing any undergraduate/postgraduate degree. The event is not restricted only to law students.
For the brochure of the Competition, click here.
THEMES FOR ESSAY
- Prof.(Dr.) Shamnad Basheer – Portrait
- Elitism in Education – Road to Inclusivity
- The Black Lives Matter movement
- LGBTQIA rights
- Youth and Mental Health
- Law and Social Change in India
- International Literacy Day (8th September): How far have we come
- Indian Constitution: The Legacy of B.R. Ambedkar
- Frontliners in the War against COVID-19
The last date for the registration is September 19th.
The last date for the submission is September 29th.
AMOUNT FOR PARTICIPATION
Contribution amount to participate in the Art Competition is Rs. 100.
- Individual attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
- The file name must consist only the name of the artist.
- Any form of artwork can be created by the participants including posters, sketches, paintings, etc.
- To submit the artwork via email, send a scanned soft copy/a good quality photograph of the artwork in JPG format.
- Digital Art Entries may also be submitted in any suitable format.
- In the body of the email, the participants must specify their chosen theme. They may also write a small description of their artwork not exceeding 100 words (optional).
- Plagiarized work shall be rejected.
Every participant shall receive an e-certificate of participation and top 3 entries will receive e-certificates of merit. Selected entries may be considered for publication on the IDIA website. In addition, the top 2 contributors shall also be entitled to the following awards:
The 1st prize is a Rs. 1000 cash prize.
The 2nd prize is a Rs. 500/- cash prize.
Payment to be made at +918800450916 via Google Pay or Paytm UPI.
A screenshot of the same along with the transaction ID must be submitted in the registration form. To register, click here
Queries regarding the competition should be mailed to [email protected]
You can also contact:
- Tanya Mayal (+918196019150)
- Arnav Tandon (+918800450916)