IDIA started out as a student-run movement in 2010. Today, it is a registered trust, comprising the following trustees: Justice Ruma Pal (a former Supreme Court judge); Prof. (Dr.) M.P. Singh (a leading legal scholar); Shishira Rudrappa (a leading legal entrepreneur); and the Managing Trustee Late Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer, who was the founder and the
brain behind IDIA.
Our operations team comprises an Executive Vice President and a team of directors; and a strong network of more than 500 student volunteers across 23 different states of India. We are also guided by a strong body of advisors and partners, comprising leading names from the legal profession, academia, industry, civil society, and government.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
IDIA Vizag Chapter is organizing an essay writing competition for encouraging all the students to showcase their unique writing skills. This competition is set up to encourage budding writers from all parts of India and provide them with professional support in becoming successful.
- Academic dishonesty: the first step in corruption
- Education should be free.
- The balance between freedom of religion and other people’s rights in a democracy like India.
- The killing of Gen. Soleimani-a blatant violation of international laws.
- The constitutional validity of CAA.
- Destitute of vision should/should not be a reason for Destitution of Visually challenged from Judiciary.
- All undergraduate and postgraduate students from recognized Colleges/Universities are eligible to participate in the competition.
- Only one submission per author will be accepted. Multiple or incomplete submissions would lead to disqualification.
- The essay may be co-authored, with a maximum of two people only.
- All essays must be in English only.
- The essay should not exceed 2000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- A uniform method of citation should be used.
- The essay should be accompanied by an abstract of about 250 words.
- The essay must be typed in Times New Roman, Font size-12, Spacing-1.5, Alignment-justified, and the footnotes must be in Times New Roman, Font size-10, single-spaced, Alignment- justified.
- All essays must be mailed to dsnluteam[at]idialaw.com, on or before 5th February 2020 before midnight.
All participants have to register themselves with the required registration fee of Rs. 51/- only, on or before 5th February 2020. The co-authors will have to register themselves separately.
The registration fee should be submitted online to:
- Bank: Andhra Bank, Sabbavaram, Andhra Pradesh.
- Account holder name: Ujjwal Ashutosh.
- Account number: 283710100026847.
- IFSC code: ANDB0002837.
- Last date for Registration: 5th February 2020
- Last date for submission of the essay: 5th February 2020
- The date for result declaration: 10th February 2020
PRIZE MONEY & CERTIFICATE
- First prize: Rs. 1100/-
- Second prize: Rs. 501/-
- Third prize: Rs. 251/-
- 2 consolation prizes: Rs. 151/-
For further inquiries contact +91 8688770152 (WhatsApp), +91 8002949735, 8789272927, 9490102000, 9454912403 or email at dsnluteam[at]idialaw.com.