Lloyd Law College is organizing COVID-19 Pandemic National Online Moot Court Competition, 2020 from 01st May to 3rd May 2020. It is an Online Mono Advocacy Moot Court Competition.
Law is a jealous mistress and there is no room in it for the lazy and mediocre. The Supreme Court of India in its order said the measures ensuring the robust functioning of the judicial system through the use of video conferencing technologies should be adopted.
The COVID-19 Pandemic National Online Moot Court Competition, 2020 has been introduced with an aim to give exposure to students pursuing the law course, in the emerging trends in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law along with International Law while keeping up with the current situation in the country and the world that affects human health.
In this time of crisis, when the majority of competitions have been postponed or cancelled, this moot presents an opportunity before the young law students to hone their skills in research, writing and pleading at the comfort of their home.
VENUE AND DATE
Following the orders of Supreme Court in suo motu writ (Civil) No. 5/2020 the COVID-19 Pandemic National Law Moot Court Competition, 2020 shall be held from 1st to 3rd May 2020 at ZOOM Cloud Meetings Application.
ELIGIBILITY AND TEAM COMPOSITION
To register, click here.
- The competition is open for students who are studying LL.B. for three years or B.A.LL.B. five-years course during the current academic year 2019-20.
- It is a Mono Advocacy Moot, i.e., participation is limited to a single person/sole counsel.
- Arguments shall be in English language only.
- The participant should not disclose the identity of their institution at any point of time during the competition; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification.
- Each participant shall be provided with a participant code by the organizing committee which shall be mentioned on the front page of the memorials.
- The registration form with all the details of team must be submitted online and also the screenshot of the payment with the details of the team must be sent to the e-mail [email protected] on or before Monday 20th April 2020, 05 PM.
- The registration fee shall be Rs. 500/- (five hundred only) for each participant. The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All the participants will be provided with free subscription of SCC Online for a period of one month valid from the date of registration for the moot.
- The moot problem is based on the current issue on COVID-19.
- Last Date for Registration: 20th April 2020 (5 PM)
- Last Date for Memorial Submission: 27th April 2020 (9 AM)
- Date of Oral Rounds: 1st-3rd May 2020
- Winner: Rs. 11,000/- (Eleven Thousand Only) and e-certificate.
- Runner up: Rs. 8,000/- (Eight Thousand Only) and e-certificate.
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 5,000/- (Five Thousand Only) and e-certificate.
- Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000/- (Five Thousand Only) and e-certificate.
- Certification of Participation: E-certificate of participation shall be provided to all the participants who will be submitting the memorial.
- Mr. Shubham Anand (9818147553)
- Ms. Astha Singh (8077282584)
- Ms. Sunidhi Pandey (8929646532)
E-mail: [email protected]
For the moot proposition, click here.
For full details, click here.