About the Course
Criminal Law has always been at the heart of the legal field. It is one such field that requires deep study and tons of experience to master. Some of the top lawyers of the country have been able to achieve these high standards only and only because of their excellence in criminal law. It is not only helpful to a person aspiring to be criminal lawyer but also to each and every person who is involved in the any field of law as there is no field of law that is untouched from the intricacies of criminal law.
S&M Partners has made an attempt to simplify this area of law and to make it interesting like never before. The course has been designed in such a manner that every person, whether a student of first year or an advocate practicing in any court of the country will get to learn something new. The course is friendly to freshers and very easy to understand. We have brought together some of the best people in the field to provide with the best possible knowledge.
ABOUT COURSE INSTRUCTORS
|1. Mr. Akshay Bhandari [Adv. Delhi High Court]|
|2. Prof. Girjesh Shukla [Dean (Academics) HPNLU Shimla.]|
|3. Dr. Amit George [Adv. Delhi High Court]|
|4. Mr. Harsh Prabhakar [Adv. Delhi High Court]|
|5. Mr. Archit Upadhayay [AOR, Supreme Court of India]|
|6. Mr. Aditya Singla [Adv. Supreme Court of India]|
|7. Mr. Dhruv Choudhary [Adv. Delhi High Court]|
|8. Mr. Rupesh Singh [Adv. Allahabad High Court]|
|9. Ms. Divya Swamy [Adv. Delhi High Court]|
|10. Mr. Anirudh [Adv. Delhi High Court]|
|11. Mr. Yash Kotak [Adv. Delhi High Court]|
|12. Mr. Saunak Rajguru [Attorney, J. Sagar & Associates]|
|13. Ms. Priyanka Sinha [ Adv. Delhi High Court]|
|13. Former CBI Officer|
|14. Forensic and Medical Experts|
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO CRIMINAL LAW
- Evolution of Criminal Law in India
- Crime – Nature and Definition
- Difference b/w Crime and Offence?
- Jurisprudence and General Principles of Criminal Law
- What is Criminal Law?
- Ingredients of Crime
MODULE 2: OFFENCES AND ITS EXCEPTIONS
- Offences against Human Body, Culpable Homicide
- Crimes against Property
- Inchoate Offences
- General Exceptions of Offences
- Sexual Offenses and Crimes involving force
- Physical Restraint along with POCSO Act
- Crimes against the State along with Arms Act
- Functioning of CBI and NIA like bodies
- Offences related to Narcotics, its investigation and procedure and Trial.
- White-Collar Crimes
- PMLA, ED, SFIO
- Offences w.r.t. GST and its Investigation
MODULE-3: INITIATION OF A CRIMINAL CASE AND INVESTIGATION
- Investigation of a Criminal Matter
- Complaint, FIR and procedures of investigation
- How to interact with police and Jail Authorities
- Role of a Lawyer during the Investigation
MODULE- 4 : ENFORCEMENT OF CRIMINAL LAW
- Preventive Actions [Chapter VIII-XI Cr.P.C]
- Criminal trial
- Post-trial proceedings
- Miscellaneous applications
- Bail and release of accused
- Attendance of the accused
- Police Act
MODULE- 5: IMPORTANCE OF EVIDENCE LAW IN CRIMINAL LAW PRACTICE
- Introduction to Law of Evidence
- Kind of Evidences
- Concept of relevant fact and fact in issue.
- Burden of Proof
- Res Gestae
- Admission and Confession
- Arts to be possessed in Court Room
- How to Lead Evidence in a Criminal Trial
- Understanding the law related to Cross Examination
- Art of Cross Examination
- Manner of recording of Examination and Cross Examination
- Cross examining various types of witnesses
8. Electronic Evidences
- Relevancy and Admissibility of Electronic Evidence
- Importance of Certificate by Competent Authority
- Leading Case Laws on Admissibility of Electronic Evidence
MODULE-6: ROLE OF FORENSICS AND MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS
- What is Forensic Science
- FSL (Forensic Science Laboratories) and its division
- Jurisdiction of divisions
- Forensic and Criminal law
- Medical Jurisprudence
- Emergence of Medical Jurisprudence in Criminal Law
- Importance of Medical Institutions in a Criminal Trial
- Do’s and Don’ts for a Doctor
- Procedure of Medico Legal Examinations
MODULE-7: PLEADING AND DRAFTING IN CRIMINAL LAW AND LITIGATION STRATEGY
- What is Pleading?
- Differentiation between Civil and Criminal pleadings
- Importance of pleading in Criminal Law
- Basic applications in Criminal proceedings
- Formats of the Criminal applications
- Drafting Criminal SLP
MODULE-8 :ORIENTATION OF LAW STUDENT’S AND YOUNG LAWYERS IN COURTS: DO(S) & DON’T(S)
- Cause list, hearings and Passovers
- Court Mannerism
- Art of Mock Trial Advocacy
Registration is open till 30th July, 2020. The registration is open for any person interested in gaining knowledge in the field of criminal law. The participants are required to fill the registration form online along with the registration fees.
Registration Fee: Rs. 1830 (Inclusive of GST)
**** The registration fees in non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
For any queries please contact
PAYMENT DETAILS :
GPAY/PAYTM/PHONEPE AT 7660899180
SOFTCOPY CERTIFICATE ONLY
MODE OF CLASSES
1. The Mode of Learning will be online. The language of the Module will be partly in English and partly in Hindi.
2. All the modules will be live or prerecorded video lectures. The ID and Password to join the same shall be provided to the participants before hand.
3. The detailed schedule of each Module will be sent before the commencement of that Module.
4. Participant can only join through their registered mail ID that they have filled in the Registration form.
5. With each Module, a written material will be provided by S&M Partners that is prepared by the Course Instructors in consultation with experts. The written material will be in English language.
6. Each Module has its own importance. Hence, some module requires 2 lectures whereas some requires 4 to 5 during the course duration.
7. Participants may ask their doubts after the conclusion of the lecture as a special duration will be allocated to the doubt sessions.
NOTE – Your exams and other involvements will be taken care of while arranging the Lectures.
EVALUATION & ATTENDANCE
1. Participants will be evaluated at different stages through assessment tests that will be open book and online.
2. On the basis of intermediate evaluation tests and final assessment test (open book), participants will be marked that will be reflected in their merit certificate.
3. A participant needs to maintain a minimum of 60% attendance in online classes and 50% in the evaluation to be eligible for the certificate. The attendance will be auto marked by the system.