About the Institutions
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (A Christian Minority Institution) formerly known as Sathyabama Engineering College was established in 1987 by Dr. Jeppiaar. It is a premier institute imparting knowledge in the areas of Engineering, Science, Technology, Law and Education.
The 162 years old Madras University is considered as the Mother of almost all the old universities of South India. The university offers teaching and research programme in six campuses namely Chepauk, Marina, Guindy and Tharamani, Maduravoyal and Chetpet at Chennai.
About the Seminar
This two-day national seminar aims to provide intellectually fertile platform for exchanging of ideas, concepts, perspectives and opinions on Juvenile justice system in India. The seminar aims at mind provoking panel discussion sessions by eloquent speakers, providing knowledge and sharing their vision and experiences on the subject.
The overall emphasis of the Seminar shall be to make the participants aware of the emerging challenges faced in the existing juvenile justice system in India and its probable solutions.
Date: 5th & 6th, March 2020
Timing: 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Venue: Seminar will be organized at University of Madras on 5th March 2020 at Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University) on 6th March 2020.
Call for Papers
- The paper should be original.
- Authors are required to enclose a declaration to this effect.
- The abstract should be within 250 words.
- Author(s) name(s), Postal Address, e-mail ID, mobile number, designation and Institution must be mentioned. Full paper should be within 2000 words including figures, tables and References.
- Abstract and full paper should be submitted using MS-Word, Times New Roman, Font size 12, Headings 14 and 1.5 line spacing. Only soft copies of the abstract and full paper should be submitted to sslseminar2020[at]gmail.com.
Who can Participate?
Lawyers, Academicians, Research Scholars, Students, Social Activists, NGO Personnel, Government Officials
- Abstract Submission: 05.02.2020
- Intimation of acceptance: 10.02.2020
- Last date for Registration: 20.02.2020
- Full paper Submission: 25.02.2020
Research Scholars Rs. 600/‐
Academicians Rs. 1000/‐
Mode of payment and details
Mode of Payment: DD drawn in favour of “Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology” payable at Chennai on or before 20th February 2020
Registration forms along with DD shall be sent to Dr. Dilshad Shaik Dean, School of Law Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai‐600119, Tamil Nadu, India.
Dr. S.T. Akilan, Assistant Professor, UNOM Mobile: 9841183843 | akilanst[at]gmail.com
Mr. Mohamed Salihu. M, Assistant Professor, SIST
Mobile: 8012329352/9849000331 | deanlaw[at]sathyabama.ac.in