On the occasion of International Women’s Day – 8th March 2020, a National level symposium titled ‘Re-Defining Gender Equality’ is proposed to be organized by CEWCL, IFIM Law School in association with District Legal Services Authority Bengaluru Rural District, Bengaluru, Lahari Advocates Forum, Bengaluru & The Advocates’ Association, Bengaluru.
Focus will be on the International Women’s Day 2020 theme – ‘#EachforEqual – An Equal World is an Enabled World’.
The Symposium shall be held at Auditorium (Ground Floor), Vakilara Bhavana (Advocates’ Association), City Civil Court Complex, KG Road, Bengaluru – 560 009.
Who can participate?
- Academicians from any recognized Institution/ College/ University located within India
- Students pursuing 3 years or 5 years law graduate program from any recognized located within India
- Students pursuing post-graduate law program from any recognized located within India
- Research Scholars from any recognized university located within India.
- Judicial Officers
- Public Departments
- Doctors, ART/ Fertility clinics
Topics for Paper Presentation
The proposed one-day National symposium will deliberate upon issues pertaining to gender discrimination and aims at reaching out to suggestions/ solutions to achieve gender equality. The suggestions shall be discussed in the panel discussion and shall be routed further for the consideration to all concerned public authorities.
a. Right to sexual orientation
Reproduction autonomy and Right to terminate pregnancy
Substituted reproduction and connected rights
b. Right to Speedy Justice & Fair Justice
Amending Criminal Justice Delivery System to facilitate timely justice
Re-structuring role of prosecution/ investigation officers/ forensic departments
c. Right to Procedural Safeguards
Victim’s Right to Privacy in heinous crimes v/s Public Right to know
Prohibition on electronic media/ social media in advertising victim/crime/ media trial
Rules and Regulations
- Maximum two authors per subject.
- Submission of abstract* (in a word document) before the due date.
* Font –Times New Roman, Size – 12, Foot Notes -10, line spacing – 1.5, words limit – 300-500 words, 20th blue book edition.
- Based on the blind peering review, acceptance of the abstract shall be communicated.
- Quality full paper* submitted before the due date shall be selected for oral presentation.
*The recommended fonts are:
Title fonts: Times New Roman, 14 font size, Bold and underlined, left alignment;
Sub Title fonts: Times New Roman, 12 font size, Bold and Justified alignment,
Subject fonts: Times New Roman, 12 font size, 1.5 line spacing,
Paper size: 2000-3000 words, 20th blue book edition.
- Each presentation shall last a maximum of 10 minutes.
- The oral presentation should be in the form of brief points highlighting suggestions and recommendations put forth in your paper.
- Author/s shall be present during the event. There will be an interactive session with the panelists and audience during the time allotted for the event.
- The selected participants should submit a hard copy of the paper with abstract in the beginning of the event in A4 sheets.
- Violation of any rule can result in rejection of the paper.
- The organizers reserve the right to change/update the rules of the contest at any point of time and will do their best to inform the participants of the same. However, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author/s to keep him/her updated.
- Submission of abstract: 4th Feb 2020
- Confirmation of acceptance of abstract: 7th Feb 2020
- Payment for registration fee: 7th Feb 2020 to 10th Feb 2020
- Submission of final paper: 22nd Feb 2020
- Confirmation of final paper for presentation: 29th Feb 2020
- Symposium date: 8th March 2020
Registration form is attached with the brochure.
Fee – INR Rs. 500/- single author and in case of 2 authors – INR 1000/- (including symposium kit/ refreshments/ lunch) to be paid through online transaction as per the details given at the end of the brochure.
Prof. Shagufta Anjum, Program Chair: 9886294397
Ms. Manju Shri, Student Coordinator: 9738483409
Ms. Thanneru Sri Sai Vasishnavi, Student Coordinator: 7259384097