About the University
The ICFAI University, Jharkhand is a part of ICFAI Group, well known for its quality of education and ethics. It is the first Private University that was set up in Jharkhand, as per the State Legislative Act and is recognized by UGC, as per Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956. The University offers a range of Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate and Doctoral Programs in Engineering, IT, Law and Management disciplines.
About the Conference
Cyber Security and Data Privacy are interrelated and interdependent aspects of today’s Digital World. While every citizen is entitled to privacy of his particulars, Cyber Security is concerned with Security of the data on the Internet. The way the security threats and security breaches are rampant in the Cyberspace today, there is a need to have robust and resilient legal protection for Data Privacy and Cyber Security in the country. Indian Government is making a beginning in this direction, by way of the proposed Personal Data Protection Bill 2019.
New emerging trends of cyberspace such as Artificial intelligence, Internet of things, BlockChain, Darknet & Cloud Computing posed new challenges to data security and privacy concerns in Cyberspace. Growing challenges of managing security of the data in organizations, corporate and government, that are increasingly connected with their global suppliers, partners and contractors, and the increasing exposure to threats and attacks demand a comprehensive approach to information security.
The world has witnessed some alarming security breaches which also threaten the national security. In the current times of increased global data flows, understanding Cyber Security and data protection become critical to harmonize the operations and build trust for Indian industries and government entities.
The venue for the Conference: The ICFAI University, Jharkhand, Plot # 2065, Simalia, Near Daladali Chowk, Ranchi-835222, Jharkhand.
Broad Themes of the Conference
- Emerging Threats, Security Breaches & Future Concerns
- Emerging Trends of Cyberspace (Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Block Chain, Dark Net & Cloud Computing) and Cyber Security
- Social Networking and Concerns of Cyber Security
- Legal Framework for Cyber Security
- International Cyber Security Standards and Cyber Security Compliances
Data Protection & Privacy
- A Comparative Analysis of International Data Protection Rules/Regulations
- Emerging concerns of data security and privacy (Big data, Crypto Currency, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing etc.)
- Surveillance State and Right to Privacy
- Right to be forgotten.
- Data Localization and Cross-Border Data Transfers
- Judicial Interpretation of Data Protection and Privacy in India
- Intermediaries & Data Repositories and their Liability in the Case Data Breaches.
Call for Papers
Research Papers/Articles and Case Studies from the legal fraternity are invited for presentation in the National Conference. Communication of acceptance will be sent to authors for presentation. Co-authorship is allowed, but each author is required to register and pay the registration fee individually.
The theme is broad in nature; hence, the participants may take up any Topic/Trend/Issue/Development covered under the purview of the theme.
The paper completed and duly presented will be published in the conference proceeding book bearing ISBN No. / e-journal. The abstract and full-length paper must include Title, Author(s) Name & Designation, Name of the Institution of the Researcher, Mobile No. and E-mail address.
- The submission shall consist of an abstract and full paper.
- An abstract shall not be more than 300 words excluding title and keywords.
- The length of the paper should not exceed 3000 words.
- Paper in MS Word format with the subject “NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON DATA PRIVACY AND CYBER SECURITY LAWS IN INDIA”.
- The cover page must contain the name, nationality, e-mail, contact number, and the name of the College/University along with the address of the participants.
- In the case of co-authorship, the covering letter should include details of all the authors.
- Submission of abstract and full paper must be made to [email protected]
- Authors must submit the hard copy of his/her paper on the day of the conference, at the registration desk.
- Last Date for Submission of Abstracts: 10th February 2020
- Last Date for Communication of Acceptance of Abstract: 11th February 2020
- Last Date for Full Paper Submission: 12th February 2020
- Deadline for Registration: 12th February 2020
- On Spot Registration: 15th February 2020
Before 12th February 2020:
- Students: INR 500/-
- Research Scholars/Academicians/Industry/ Business/Government: INR 1000/-
On Spot Registration (15th February 2020):
- Students: INR 700/-
- Research Scholars/Academicians/Industry/ Business/Government: INR 1200/-
NOTE: Co-authorship is allowed and also each author is required to register and pay the registration fee individually.
For Demand Draft:
The Demand Draft should be drawn in the favor of “ICFAI University, Jharkhand” payable at Ranchi and must be sent to Registrar, The ICFAI University, Jharkhand, Plot # 2065, Simalia, Near Daladali Chowk, Ranchi-835222, Jharkhand. Registration fee by demand draft must reach on or before 12th February 2020. The Copy of same is to be sent via mail- seminars.fol[at]iujharkhand.edu.in.
For Online Payment:
Bank: ICICI Bank
Current A/c No.: 115201000766
IFSC Code: ICIC0001152
Note: The registration fee includes Kit, Conference Proceedings, Tea and Lunch on the day of the conference.
To confirm the registration, the scanned copy of the demand draft/ acknowledgement copy of online transfer and transaction no. must be emailed to seminars.fol[at]iujharkhand.edu.in.
Prof. Alok Kumar: +91 7465087164
Prof. Sumit Sinha: +91 7004591575
Prof. Divya Utkarsh: +91 9110056977
Email Id: seminars.fol[at]iujharkhand.edu.in