About the Blog
RMLNLU Law Review Blog is an online publication of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow. The blog purports to facilitate publication of diverse perspectives on a range of issues concerning topics of contemporary legal significance and interest in the form of short, well-informed opinions. The blog was launched in July 2015 and is edited and managed entirely by a small team of student editors at the University.
Sub-themes for the Symposium
- Employing Section 144 of CrPC rationally
- Exploring Viable Solutions to Curb Police Brutality and Custodial Violence
- Internet Shutdowns
- Countering the Rise of Encounter Killings
- Post-NRC Setup: Reforming the Foreigners Tribunal, Detention Centers and Related Problems
For more on the sub-themes, visit the brochure.
- Submissions must adhere to our standard guidelines which can be accessed here.
- Submissions will be judged on the following criteria: Originality of the idea, contribution towards to the literature on the issue, and the language employed. We prefer to publish under-covered or novel perspectives to the issue.
- Since the blog posts are typically under 1500 words, authors are encouraged to write on a specific aspect of the sub-theme as opposed to a comprehensive approach. For instance, a post exclusively analyzing the right to the internet in the context of India’s international obligations will be preferred over a post summarizing the problem of internet shutdowns in India.
- The above-mentioned sub-themes are indicative in nature and authors at liberty to write on any other issue that relates to the current ‘law and order’ problems in India.
- Deadline for sending entries for the Symposium is Feb 15, 2020.
Note: Although this call is exclusively for the symposium articles, our regular submissions on rolling basis remain open.
In case of queries (related to sub-themes, submission procedure etc.), write to us at parimalkashyap97[at]gmail.com or blog.rmlnlulawreview[at]gmail.com.