About the Institute
The Campus Law Centre (CLC), Faculty of Law, University of Delhi is one of India’s oldest and most prestigious Law School established in the year 1924. It has consistently been ranked among the top law schools in India and has produced many distinguished legal luminaries.
About the Conference
Campus Law Centre organised its first International Conference on Domestic Reception of International Law in April 2019. The 2nd International Conference on International Investment Arbitration: Sustainability, Governance and Conflict is being organised from 15th-17th March 2020. This year’s conference will also witness many distinguished speakers including Prof. Jean-Marc Thouvenin, Secretary-General, Hague Academy of International Law.
Campus Law Centre, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India – 110007.
The suggested Inter-Disciplinary themes for International Conference on International Investment Arbitration: Sustainability, Governance and Conflict are as follows:
Sustainability of International Investment Law and Investor-State Arbitration
- Human Rights and International Investment
- Environmental Protection and International Investment
International Investment Arbitration and Governance
- Role of Public International Law in governing International Investment Law and Investor-State Arbitration.
- Role of International organisations such as UNCITRAL, ICSID etc. in the development of International Investment Arbitration.
- Economic Crime and International Investment Law
- The Political Economy of the international investment law and arbitration
- Impact of GST and Indirect Taxes on International Investment
- GST for Charitable Trusts, Co-operatives and Banking, Government-Related Services – Infra/Works Contract and Pure Services
Conflict in International Investment Law and Investor-State Arbitration
- Existing Legal frameworks in India and Across: Their Shortcomings and Need for Reforms in the International Investment Legal Regime
- BITs and International Investment Arbitration.
- Economics of the Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Future of International Investment Dispute Settlement Mechanism
- Impact of Insolvency on International Investment Arbitration
The Sub-themes are indicative in nature and not restrictive. Any entry beyond the suggested themes will be accepted.
Any Student, Research scholar, Academician or Professional.
Submission and Registration Guidelines
- Papers can be submitted under the following categories
- Long Articles: Between 8000 and 5000 words.
- Essays: Between 5000 and 3000 words.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words.
Participants can take part in the conference either as an Attendee or a Participant.
The Attendees can register from this link.
The Paper Presenters can register and submit their Abstracts from this link.
- Abstracts shall be selected on Rolling Basis and the authors shall be notified for the submission of the Full Paper.
- For full details regarding the submission and the conference, please refer to the following links:
- Dates of the event: 15 – 17 March 2020.
- Abstract Submission: 03 March 2020 by 23:59 hours.
- Results of Abstract Submission: (Rolling Basis) till 05 March 2020 by 23:59 hours
- Full-Length Paper Submission: 08 March 2020 by 23:59 hours
Fee and other details
No Registration Fee.
Accommodation for the Presenters (Non-Delhi-NCR Participants) shall be provided subject to availability.
Accommodation for Attendees (Non-Delhi-NCR Participants) shall be provided subject to availability.
Email Id: clcinternationalconference[@]gmail.com