About the Organiser
The Centre for Human Rights and Duties was established in the year 2007 as an independent Centre of Panjab University, Chandigarh. The Centre runs Masters, M.Phil and Ph.D in Human Rights and Duties. The courses have been designed not merely to impart formal instruction, conduct examination and award certificates to the candidates but also to familiarize and sensitize more and more people in society towards issues relating to Human Rights and Duties and involve them in the Human Rights movement.
The National Institute of Social Defence (NISD) is a Central Advisory Body for Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of India. NISD is a Centre of Excellence on research and training in the field of social defence. It coordinates and liaises between the Government and the Non-Government. organizations at State, National and International level. It develops preventive, curative and rehabilitative tools, programmes and policies in the field of social defence, undertakes research, training, consultancy, documentation and publication in the field of social defence. The major areas of concern of NISD are Substance Abuse Prevention, Care of Older Persons, and Other Social Defence Issues including Beggary Prevention, Transgenders, etc.
About the conference
The Centre for Human Rights and Duties, Panjab University, Chandigarh in association with National Institute of Social Defence, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, New Delhi, is organizing an International Conference on the theme “Conversation for Change: Human Rights,Youth and Drugs” on 5th and 6th February, 2020. The Conference will consist of number of sessions in which presentations on various aspects of Drugs Usage and Prevention will be given by various experts in the field, followed by panel discussion.
The objectives of the Conference are:
- To bring together Government officials and policy makers, drug enforcement agencies, leading scholars, substance abuse treatment providers and representatives from de-addiction centers to discuss opportunities, strategies, and challenges in conducting research on drug related issues as well as in its prevention and treatment.
- To provide insight and situational analysis of substance abuse and drug menace prevalent across the globe.
- To deliberate upon the issue of drugs in India with special reference to North-Western region.
Who is it for
Professionals,Academicians, Research Scholars, Students
THEME- “Conversation for Change: Human Rights, Youth and Drugs”
- Use and abuse of drugs in society
- Drug as a social status
- India – most vulnerable country being a sub-continent
- Energy club drugs and their impacts
- Drugs as anti-depressants and post-traumatic stress disorder
- DAD effect – depression addiction and denial
- Youth as a most vulnerable category of drug abuse
- Drug abuse as psychological defence of victim
- Rehabilitation and resocialization of drug victim
- Human rights of victims of drug abuse
- Illegal drug use and public policy
- Legal Perspectives on drugs
- Gender and Drugs
- Economics of Drugs
*The list is not exhaustive.
Panjab University, Chandigarh
|CATEGORIES||AUTHOR (INR)||CO-AUTHOR (LIMITED TO MAX. 2 PERSON) (INR)||LATE FEE/ ON THE SPOT REGISTRATION||FOREIGN NATIONALS|
|Professionals/ Academicians||1500/-||1000/-||2500/-||30 USD|
|Research Scholars||1000/-||500/-||2000/-||15 USD|
#Registration fee includes access to all sessions, Conference Kit, tea and lunch. No TA/DA will be provided to the delegates.
The payment of Registration fee can be made through NEFT or bank deposit – (NAME OF THE BANK-STATE BANK OF INDIA; BRANCH CODE-742; ACCOUNT NO: 38803464630; IFSC: SBIN0000742
|Last date for submission of abstract||5th January, 2020|
|Notification of acceptance of abstract||10th January, 2020|
|Last date for registration||24th January,2020|
|Date of submission of full papers||25th January,2020|
|Date of Conference||5th and 6th February,2020|
- Ms Yashika (Student)- 8847687703,8558932188; [email protected]
- Ms Jagdeep Kaur Brar (Student)- 8708333787; [email protected]