The NLUA Law Review is one of the flagship journals of National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA) and was established with the objective of becoming a formidable instrument in enhancing the standard of legal research in the country. It is an annual, student-edited journal focusing on inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches towards legal writing. The Journal is also assisted by a Faculty Advisory Committee of NLUJA, Assam and an Editorial Advisory Board comprised of well-known Indian and Foreign Scholars.
The Journal aims to publish articles, case comments, book reviews on all aspects of law and related issues. For this purpose, special emphasis is placed on contemporary legal issues along with its foundational philosophical thoughts.
The Journal aims at giving the opportunity to legal academia, research scholars, students, advocates and activists working for enhancement of legal scholarship. Hence, the Journal will serve as a platform for innovative thought sharing and will aim towards contributing in dynamic growth of legal knowledge. Here participants can discuss/analyse the contemporary legal challenges in law.
About NLUJA, Assam
The National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam was established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam Act (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009). The Hon’ble Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court is the Chancellor of the University. NLUJA promotes and makes available modern legal education and research facilities to its students, scholars and faculty drawn from across the country hailing from different socio-economic, ethnic, religious, linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
The Editorial Committee of NLUA Law Review is inviting quality research papers from: Academicians and Professionals (inter/multi-disciplinary with law); Judges and Advocates; Research Scholars; and Students, if the editorial board deems it fit to be an extraordinary work of scholarly merit.
CATEGORIES OF SUBMISSION
Research papers should be thematic and identification of sub-themes will be highly appreciated. It should have proper research questions which reflect the research findings. The submission can be sent under the following categories:
- Research Articles (5000 to 7000 words): Authors have to submit research papers which comprehensively examine the topic. It should reflect innovative re-assessment of the theme. It is advisable, though not imperative, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical-analytical works are also welcome.
- Notes/Comments (2000 to 3500 words): This section would include a thought provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personal opinions, analysis or criticism on recent development from the legal perspective.
- Case/Report Comments (maximum 2500 words): This section will entail an analysis of recent Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law.
- Book Review (1000 to 1500 words): The Reviewer should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive analysis of the same. The hard copy of the reviewed work must also be provided.
(Word limit is inclusive of footnotes/citations.)
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12 sized font with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1 inch margin on all sides of an A4 sheet.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10 sized font with 1.0 line spacing.
- Endnotes/Bibliography and in-text citations are not allowed.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work.
- Headings should follow the following standard:
- TITLE OF THE SUBMISSION: Upper-case, bold, font size 14
- HEADINGS: Upper Case, bold, font size 12
- Sub-Headings: Title-case, bold, font size 12
- Sub-Sub-Headings: Title-case, italics, font size 12
- Submissions must contain an Abstract (250 to 300 words) that outlines the main question or themes addressed in the paper followed with five keywords.
- The Research Paper has to be submitted along with a Cover Letter addressed to Dr. Ishrat Hussain, Convener, Faculty Advisory Board.
- Submission must be emailed to [email protected] (only in .docx format). The cover letter should include in the author’s profile.
- The submission must be original work of the author and must not have been submitted elsewhere or pending review.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to the maximum number of one.
- Mode of citation will be OSCOLA (Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities), 4th
- Further queries can be sent to [email protected].
All submissions will go through an initial round of scrutiny and shortlisted contributors will be informed tentatively within a fortnight. We aim to publish this issue by June, 2020. A hard copy of this issue as well as a letter of acknowledgement will be sent to all the contributors.
The Journal shall retain all copyright arising out of any publications and only the moral rights will vest with the author.
The last date for submissions is 31st January, 2020.
MODE OF SUBMISSION: Online only
The manuscript should be accompanied with the author’s name, designation, affiliated institute, contact number and e-mail address for future reference.
MEMBERS OF FACULTY ADVISORY BOARD
Dr. Ishrat Hussain, Associate Professor of Law
Ms. Aparajita Dutta Hazarika, Assistant Professor of English
Mr. Saheb Chowdhury, Assistant Professor of Law