About the Organiser
Kshitizz is an NGO formed and registered by the students of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam. It was created out of ambition and curiosity among the students to change the world.
Studying Law is not easy. A student, academician, or practitioner is required to undertake various tasks as long as s/he is associated with the field. One such being the preparation of case summaries- for exams, during internships, for moots, for teaching, or presentation before a Court of Law, this is a task one has to undertake frequently. These summaries once used either find a place in some folder of laptops or are discarded. We at Kshitizz, have decided to put these summaries to use by organizing this competition. We aim not only to reward these painstaking efforts but also to encourage others to write and submit such summaries. We will honour the best ones by awarding prizes and giving due recognition to all participants through a certificate of participation. We also propose to publish select entries in the form of a book with ISBN by our Publication partners, CB Educational Services LLP.
The competition is not theme specific. Participants may choose any reported Indian case as per their interest.
Academicians, practitioners, researchers, students, and others interested in the field may send original, unpublished case summaries to [email protected]
Process for Registration
- Payment of Registration Fee of INR 100 per team by clicking on https://www.instamojo.com/@kshitizz (For any other preferred mode of payment, drop a mail regarding the same at [email protected]
- Submission of Registration Form (https://forms.gle/eQRcYNGu1BwHudHr6)
- All submissions shall be made on [email protected]
Dates & Deadlines
- For Registration- April 25, 2020
- For submission of the Case Summary- May 10, 2020
- Declaration of Results- May 20, 2020
- Winner–INR 500 cash prize along with a Certificate & Free Publication of their submission in a book with ISBN.
- Subsequent top 10 entries– Free Publication of their submission in a book with ISBN. & Certificate
- All participants shall be awarded a certificate of participation.
Guidelines for Participants
- All submissions/ communications shall be in English Language and in a limit of 700-1500 words.
- The submission shall be original and unpublished.
- The submission should not be plagiarized, and free from grammatical, spelling and other errors.
- There can be a maximum of two participants in a Team (can be from different institutes).
- Full names of all the participants along with designation and contact number(s) must be given.
- Any uniform method for citation may be followed.
- Case title and citation shall be clearly mentioned along with the Name of Judges and Parties
- Brief facts followed by Issues, Important arguments (from both parties) and Judgment shall be discussed
- Present Status of the Judgment (whether still applicable or over-ruled) shall also be clearly mentioned by the participants
- The body of the submission shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 single line spacing
- A margin of an inch shall be left on all sides of the paper.
- Page borders, headers, footers shall not be used.
- The submission shall be in MS Word Format
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 9039457891 | 8885333791