ABOUT LAW MANTRA TRUST
“Law Mantra” (headquarters New Delhi) (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 0f 2018) is not for profit organisation running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same. Law Mantra is a registered society under the Indian Trust Act, 1882 whose members are leaders and members from the legal fraternity, other professions with a nexus to conflict resolution, academics and experts from various fields who are committed to resolve conflicts and disputes using innovative mechanisms and methods such as Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiations and Arbitration. Law Mantra is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
This Call for chapter is for contributions in an edited Book on the theme PATENT, TRADITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, BIOTECHNOLOGY LAW: POLICY & PRACTICE.
Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind; products born from our thoughts and intellect and encompasses most notable forms of assets envisaged by our minds, such as inventions, literary works, artistic works, songs and music, trademarks, designs and names and images purposed for industrial use. The concept of intellectual property arose from the imperative need to devise some form of mechanization to protect creations of the mind and thought.
- Conceptual Understanding of Patent;
- New Development And Challenges in IPR under Patent Law
- Biotechnology patents and the problem of non-obviousness;
- Nanotechnology and Patent process;
- Indian Patent Act: its Implications for World Pharmaceutical Trade;
- Pharmaceutical patenting in India-problem of public access to health;
- Patenting software related inventions: trends in UK and US;
- Patent policy and medical procedures: is there any justification for granting of patents?
- Novelty as criteria of patentability-study of UK, US and INDIAN Position;
- A study of patent system in India in the light of the Patent Cooperation Treaty;
- Role of IPR in Life Science industries;
- Determining Novelty of the claimed Invention: study of US and Indian Patent system;
- Patent and Transfer of Technology;
- Prior use and prior publication as obstacles or patenting of inventions;
- Bioinformatics and Intellectual Property;
- Patenting of Living organisms under the European Patent Convention;
- Nanotechnology and Patent process: response by Patent Offices?
- Conceptual Understanding of Traditional Knowledge;
- Biotechnology & new regime in IPR;
- Conceptual Understanding of Biotechnology Law;
- Biotechnology patenting and bio-diversity protection: resolving conflict;
- The role of IPR in protection of Biodiversity;
- Protection of Micro Organism- International Prescriptions
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to Patent Law, Traditional Knowledge, Biotechnology Law.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Abstract (Minimum 300 Words) Along with 5 Minimum Keywords, along with final paper should be send by 15th November, 2020.
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. Main Title should be in full capitals, bold and centered 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font;
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to INDIAN LAW INSTITUTE, NEW DELHI STYLE;
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 Minimum Keywords;
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected; Plagiarism more than 15% will strictly be rejected.
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra Trust;
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization / University / Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it;
- Name and details of Co-author, if any;
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010);
- The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides;
- The length of paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and Should not Exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes);
- All Contribution must be submitted to [email protected].
Selected paper will be published with ISBN.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT?
Interested Professors, Researchers, Practitioners, Students are invited to submit Book Chapters. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind peer review basis. Authors are encouraged to include original works. Please submit your chapter and a brief personal biography. Your Chapter should also include a chapter title. After careful review of all Chapters, the editorial board will contact individuals. Questions and comments should be directed to [email protected]. The research chapters should be a comprehensive review of contemporary relevant legal issues mentioned above. The word limit for the submission is 4000-10000 words. All Submissions must be accompanied by a Covering letter stating the title of the paper, author’s full name, name of institution and the author’s contact details. Submission must be in MS Word doc., Font- Times New Roman.
- Prof. (Dr.) Naresh Kumar Vats, Registrar & Professor of Law, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab: Prof. (Dr.) Naresh Kumar Vats, is presently working as Professor of Law-cum- Registrar at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. Before joining RGNUL, Punjab Professor Vats has also served as Professor of Law at Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur; National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam; BGC Trust University Bangladesh, Chittagong- Bangladesh as Associate Professor of Law and Chairman Department of Law; Institute of Law, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra as Assistant Professor of Law; and Institute of Law and Research (formerly National Institute of Law) Faridabad, Haryana as Lecturer of Law. He has edited Five (05) issues of NLUA LAW &; POLICY REVIEW Vol.1 No. I; Vol. I No. II 2015 and Vol. 2 No. I 2016, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam as an Editor and Vol. 1 No. I 2017 and Vol. 2 No. I 2018 of MNLU, Nagpur CONTEMPORARY LAW REVIEW. He has published Eleven (11) edited books Professor Vats is a Member of Academic Planning Board, Academic Council, Finance Committee, Executive Committee, General Council, Ph.D. Research Committee of various Institutions including life time member of Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
- Prof. (Dr.) Irene Calboli, Professor of Law, Texas A&M University School of Law: Prof.(Dr.) Irene Calboli is Professor of Law at Texas A&M University School of Law, Fellow at the Transatlantic Technology Law Forum at Stanford Law School, Visiting Professor at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, and Distinguished Fellow at the Royal University of Law and Economics in Cambodia. She has been a visiting professor and scholar in academic institutions world-wide, including the National University of Singapore, Bocconi University, Hanken School of Economics, King’s College London, the University of Strasburg, the University of California at Berkeley, Tongji University, the University of Queensland, and the Max-Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition. Most recently, she was Visiting Professor, Lee Kong Chian Fellow, and the Founding Deputy Director of the Applied Research Centre for Intellectual Assets and the Law in Asia, a Centre that she headed from 2015 until 2017, at Singapore Management University School of Law. Irene is a prolific scholar and the author and editor of several books, articles, and book chapters. Her current publications focus on overlapping intellectual property protection, trademarks and geographical indications of origin, and the intersection between intellectual property and international trade. Irene regularly acts as Expert for national governments and international organizations, and has recently conducted missions in Cambodia, China, Ethiopia, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Africa, Thailand, and Vietnam. An elected member of the American Law Institute and associate member of the Singapore Academy of Law, she currently serves as member of the Council of the International Law Association (Singapore Branch), Chair of the Art Law Section of the Association of American Law Schools, and member of the Legislation and Regulation Committee of the International Trademark Association. Irene is the recipient of numerous awards. For the period 2017-2020, she has been chosen to be a Fulbright Specialist.
- Mr. Aditya Mishra, Advocate, Supreme Court of India, New Delhi: Mr Aditya Mishra is Founder and Managing Trustee of Law Mantra (Trust). He has edited 14 books; published 14 research papers; and presented 27 research papers in international and national conferences/seminars. Mr Mishra has successfully qualified the All India Bar Council Examination and enrolled as an Advocate in 2017. He is a Member of the Supreme Court Bar Association; Delhi High Court Bar Association and International Council of Jurists, London. His interest is in the area of providing consultancy, advice and legal support for start-ups, from incorporation and daily business affairs to IP protection and infringement related advisory.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- All submissions are to be made via e-mail as word documents (preferably Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010). Authors can submit their manuscripts to Editors at [email protected]
- Submission of Final paper: 15th November, 2020 (11:59 P.M)
- Authors who do not follow these guidelines may have their submission returned to them without being reviewed.
Contact: For more details contact us at +91-8860257167, [email protected]
For More Details Visit: www.lawmantra.org then Click on Edited Book