ABOUT LEX MACULA
Lex Macula is registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1861. This is an initiative by students of several premier law colleges coming together to bring a change in the prevailing competitions for the students of the field.
We work across educational institutions to spread legal awareness and provide a platform to the students to develop their public speaking skills and also expand their knowledge in the field of law.
We focus on how the law aspirants and legal professionals can bring a change in the life of ordinary citizens by making them aware about the rights they have and the laws which exist, in order to prevent them from getting exploited. We at Lex Macula, aim to build an environment in which every individual is aware of his or her legal rights and responsibilities and seek to provide an edge to the law students to practically experience the situations at the ground level. Moreover, our focus is on providing them with adequate knowledge and confidence to raise the issues of utmost concern to the society and to enable them to tackle the said concerns through correct legal procedures.
Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed. Refrain from mentioning the name, institutional affiliation, or any other detail of the author(s) in the document to facilitate the double-blind review process.
All works must be original and unpublished. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication on the Blog.
The word limit for the manuscript is 1500 – 2000 words. This word limit is exclusive of the endnotes (if any). Longer posts may be accepted and published in parts subject to the discretion of the editors – please discuss the same with the Board of Editors.
Authors are encouraged to use headings to break up long posts. Headings should not be of more than one level and should be in bold.
FONT AND SPACING
The title of the post should be formatted to Times New Roman font size 14, All Caps and in bold. The main body of the text should be formatted to Times New Roman font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing with a single line space between paragraphs.
All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission. Hyperlinks should be provided to all supporting materials and legal texts for the benefit of the readers. In case no hyperlink is available for any reference, use of endnotes is recommended. No speaking
endnotes or footnotes are allowed.
Submissions must be in a Word format (‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’). Ensure that the title of the document has been renamed to the title of the post and are to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
▪ All texts will go through a double-blind peer review. The review process consists of two tiers – preliminary review and detailed review.
▪ At the end of the preliminary review (“Tier 1”), the authors will be informed of the decision of the editors – either accept or reject. The decision at Tier 1 shall be communicated to the authors within 5 days.
▪ If a text is accepted at Tier 1, the authors will be asked to consent to enter the detailed review process (“Tier 2”) for which they must confirm that the piece won’t be published on any other blog/website while being in our peer-review process. The decision along with any amendments and suggestions shall be communicated to the authors at the earliest.
▪ If the text has been selected for publication, the authors will be expected to perform any necessary revision in good faith. Authors are also expected to be cooperative when it comes to minor editorial changes which might be necessary even after revision at Tier 2.
▪ The Blog follows a comprehensive double-blind review process. The Journal shall endeavour to keep the author(s) informed about the current status of their manuscript as it goes through each stage of review.
▪ The Board of Editors retains complete discretion over acceptance or rejection of manuscripts.
▪ The Board of Editors will not entertain requests for advance decisions based on abstracts, topic proposals or outlines. Editorial decisions shall be based solely on a review of the final manuscripts submitted by the author(s).
▪ Post-review, manuscripts may be returned to the author(s) with suggestions related to substance and/or style. Acceptance of a manuscript for publication is contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions to the satisfaction of the Board of Editors.
▪ Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by the Board, the copyright over the manuscript is vested in the Blog. However, the moral rights over the manuscript shall vest in the author(s).
▪ Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication, the same shall not be published on any other platform. The Blog only accepts exclusive publications.
While submitting to the Blog, the author(s):
▪ Warrants that the manuscript is their original work, and that there is no impediment to its publication on the Blog.
▪ Consents to the publication of the submitted piece on the Blog provided that they are fully acknowledged as the author(s).
▪ Authorises the Board of Editors to use and store personal data provided by the author(s) for the purposes of the Blog.
▪ Consents to editorial changes and accepts that the editors have discretion in choice of the post title.CALL FOR BLOGS: LEX MACULA BLOG