About Interesting Laws
Standing by “Where law meets opinions”, interestinglaws.com is a student-led website that wants to deliver an understanding of various subjects encompassed within the legal and the political sphere, and an outlook of the prevalent state of the society- in a simple, easy yet precise manner. Besides, it invites you to participate, with opportunities like- blog submissions, quizzes and many more competitions where you could test your grey matter. Also you can join us in various capacities like an intern and contribute to the purpose of this website.
We at interestinglaws.com provide lots of information and opinions to it’s readers. It provides comprehensive information on various legal topics, covering many aspects of the law that people interact with in their daily lives. Apart from that it has blogs on interesting facts about Indian Politics and some other mind boggling blogs too.
We accept submissions from students, researchers, academicians, practicing lawyers, policy makers and professionals pursuing related fields. The Interesting Laws Blog welcomes posts related to matters of national and international importance under the following heads:
- Law related articles: Interesting Laws welcomes blog posts in the form of articles, short notes, opinions, and case comments which address issues of legal nature. We discourage posts that merely summarize cases or are descriptive in nature, and prefer posts that critically analyze or explore particular themes of wider resonance. An inter-disciplinary approach is highly encouraged.
- International relations: This section welcomes well researched analytical articles on Geopolitics, International Security and Strategy, Foreign Policy and Diplomacy, among others.
- Social Sciences: This section welcomes write-ups related to Political Science, Economics, Sociology, History, Philosophy and Linguistics.
And blogs on any other recent socio-legal issue are welcomed.
- The submission should preferably be between 1000-1500 words. This stipulation is flexible at Editor’s discretion in exceptional cases.
- Font: Times New Roman
- Size: Headings(14), Body(12)
- Justified text
- Headings in bold
- References: All references must be in the form of hyperlinks in the body of the submission. Hyperlinks should be provided to all supporting materials and legal texts for the benefit of the readers. In case no hyperlink is available for any reference, use of endnotes is recommended that adhere to the 20th Harvard Bluebook citation format.
- Authorship: Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed.
- Originality: All write-ups must be original and unpublished. Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification for publication on the Blog.
- The submission shall be made in the form of an MS Word file only (.doc/.docx).
- Author(s) are requested to attach another .doc/.docx file containing declaration as to the bona fides of the submission. (Details provided further)
- Author(s) should provide a short bio of themselves in the email body only.
- The author(s) are requested to send their submission after attaching required files to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ‘Submission for Guest Post’.
- Note – By submitting a write-up, author(s) acknowledge that the copyright of a blog post, once accepted, vests with the Interesting Laws.
- Interesting Laws strives to ensure a speedy and efficient review process and our the Editorial Board may take up to 7 days to respond to submissions.
- For further information, click here.
There is no submission deadline. Interesting Laws is currently accepting submissions on a rolling basis.
Neelesh Chandra: +91-7991779751.