CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 2020-2021 REPORTERS COMMITTEE, INBA
- ABOUT INBA SECTION FOR LAW STUDENTS
INBA is keenly focused on taking the Indian legal industry and its members to newer heights. Representing the entire Legal ecosystem in India, INBA is dedicated to expand its member’s professional network and industry insight.
The Section for Law Students draws on its rich cultural diversity to offer students a distinctive membership experience, which bridges the gap between disparate legal jurisdictions. Section for Law Students is governed by an Executive Committee, which comprises a team of dedicated law students, whose unflagging efforts in organizing projects enrich the career of law students in India. The Executive Committee is assisted by Research & Editorial Committee, Development & Programme Committee, Reporters Committee, Media Committee and Legal Aid Board, other INBA Sections and INBA core team, whose indefatigable efforts and unwavering support has ensured that Section for Law Students has grown by leaps and bounds since its inception.
- To increase the interactive prospects of its student members with the pioneers of the legal field and practice
- To enhance research and writing skills of the student members
- To provide a platform for law students to grow and evolve personalities
- To maintain standards of professional conduct and participate in the discipline of members when required
- To arrange and promote continuing legal education
- To promote, conduct & cooperate in the promotion or conduct of activities of a professional, educational, cultural, and social nature amongst the law students
2. ABOUT REPORTERS COMMITTEE
The Student Reporter Committee is an eminent body of Section for Law Students, INBA which aims to conduct and report the interviews of eminent personalities including Jurists, Advocates, and Academicians. It also provides coverage of latest legal updates, judgments, legal news, coverage of live event etc. for the Newsletters, Articles & Journals published by INBA.
3. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The members shall observe and follow the following roles and responsibilities:
- Drafting legal articles and documents as and when necessary;
- Drafting articles & press releases as and when required;
- Promoting and working for INBA Viewpoint;
- Interviewing Judges, Advocates, Ministers, Academicians etc.;
- Following current legal events and preparing reports;
- Posting internship reviews, success stories of meritorious law students;
- Attending press conferences and preparing live reports;
- Reading and researching legal features, judgments and articles;
- Closely working with the INBA TV Portal teams, social media handles and other editors;
- Performing tasks assigned by the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Reporter Committee.
4. EXPECTATIONS FROM AN IDEAL CANDIDATE-
- Devoting 3-4 hours a week to INBA Student Section.
- Excellent drafting, researching and inter-personal skills.
- Well versed with footnoting and citations styles (Bluebook, OSCOLA, etc.)
- Good Knowledge of MS Office
- Honesty, reliability and availability to work
- Strict adherence to timeline
- Well acquainted with all the prevailing legal issues and news
- Ability and efficiency to complete the allotted tasks without plagiarism and good proficiency
- Any student who has completed first year of a five-year law course / first year of a three-year law course, from any university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India, is eligible to apply.
- Must be a current bonafides student of Law.
- A student pursuing an LLM Programme from a college/university recognized by the Bar Council of India may also apply.
- Send an email with your CV along with cover letter at [email protected]
- The subject line must read – “Application for Reporters Committee”.
- Application must be accompanied by a 300-500-word write-up on any of the prevailing legal issues.
NOTE: Please note that all the positions are unpaid and voluntary in nature.
Last Day for receiving application: 20th September, 2020; 11:59pm.
Shortlisted candidates have to go through:
- Screening of CV, cover letter and write-up submitted;
- Candidates shall go through a Telephonic or Video Interview.
- Enhanced Awareness about current legal issues and news.
- Improved writing skills.
- Membership Benefits of INBA
- Personal and soft-skill development;
- Access to INBA events;
- Opportunity to participate in networking events with Ministers and influential officials;
- Internship Opportunities through INBA (Based on performance);
- Certificate of Merit after successful completion of tenure.
Note: Please note that all positions of Members are unpaid and voluntary in nature. For further clarifications, kindly contact the undersigned-
Convener, Reporters Committee
Section for Law Students, INBA
[email protected] | +91-9999799464
Senior Advisor INBA
Advocate Supreme Court
vinakshi.kada[email protected] | +91-9999746286