About the Organiser
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) sprawling over a beautiful campus in the capital city of Dehradun was established in the year 2003 through the UPES Act, 2003 of the State Legislature of Uttrakhand. Founded by prominent educationalists and industry experts, UPES is Asia’s first University that offers specialized graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs which are specifically designed for core sectors with high growth projections. Recognized as “University with a Purpose”, UPES is driven by a progressive vision to create specialized professionals in core sectors, who can contribute in the economic growth of the country.
UPES School of Law was established in 2007 with the objective to produce competent and strong legal professionals. Since then it has been a pioneer in grooming modern day legal professionals with a multidisciplinary edge by providing specialized in Corporate Law,Energy Law, Taxation Law and Techno- Legal law courses.
About the 2nd National Mediation Competition, UPES.
Alternative Dispute Resolution or ADR as it is commonly known is almost a movement that has quickly gained momentum in the Indian as well as the International Legal Fraternity. Therefore, in a precursor to aid in instilling awareness and orientation in alternative dispute resolution methods, that have recently made a significant mark in the Indian Dispute-resolve scenario, in an efficient and quick manner. The Legal Aid Cell & Alternate Dispute Resolution Association (LAC-ADR) of School of Law, UPES, Dehradun is pleased to announce that it is organizing a Mediation Competition, the Second edition of UPES National Mediation Competition, 2020.
The competition is open to undergraduate students pursuing their three year or five year LLB Programme.
Each university may nominate upto a total of 2 teams to participate in the competition.
- Each team will consist of 3 students, one student as the Mediator and a Client-Counsel Pair known as the Negotiating Pair.
- A total of 32 teams can participate on a “first-cum-first-serve” basis.
- The competition will have a Preliminary Round followed by Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and the Final Rounds.
UPES School of Law, Knowledge Acres, P.O. Kandoli, via Prem Nagar, Dehradun-248007, Uttarakhand.
- Each participating team shall consist of a Client- Counsel pair (i.e., the Negotiating Pair) and one student as the Mediator. The registration mail requires teams to specify the roles of each individual member. The roles which have been pre-assigned by the team will be carried forward throughout the competition. Change of roles after the registration will not be permitted.
- Teams must complete the provisional registration by mailing at [soladr[at]ddn.upes.ac.in] latest by February 07, 2020.
- Upon selection by the organizing committee, teams must complete the payment of the registration fee within a period of 48 hours. Details for payment of the registration fee will be notified to the teams upon selection. Mode shall be NEFT.
- Final registration of the teams is subject to the successful payment of the registration fee within the stipulated time.
- Registration fees for the competition is Rs. 3,000/ per team. Lunch and High Tea will be provided to all the participants during the event.
- Teams will be providedaccommodation from the University only on a prior intimation basis. The charges for the same are Rs. 4000/- per team.
- The Accommodation will include 2 days Stay, Breakfast and Dinner. The Accommodation shall be provided to the teams from 13th February, 2020 (Noon) to 15th February 2020(Noon). Room will be on Triple Sharing Basis. Separate accommodation shall be provided to boys and girls.
*The Accommodation Fees has to be paid along with the Registration Fees.
- The bank details shall be shared on confirmation of Provisional Registration. The mode of payment shall be NEFT only.
Trophies including cash prizes upto 1 Lakh , will be given for the following:
- Winner- Negotiation
- Runners-up – Negotiation
- Winner- Mediator
- Runners-up- Mediator
- ‘Best Team’ in the Preliminary Rounds
- ‘Second Best Team’ in the Preliminary Rounds
- ‘Best Opening Statement-Mediator’ in the Preliminary Rounds
- ‘Best Opening Statement-Negotiating Team’ in the Preliminary Rounds
Last date for Registration: February 7, 2020.
Release of Competition Problem: February 8, 2020.
Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: February 10, 2020.
Release of Clarifications: February 12, 2020
Competition Dates: February 14-15, 2020.
For any query feel free to mail us at [soladr[at]ddn.upes.ac.in] or call :
Ms. Nandini Acharya (Student Convener) : +91 81094 29172
Mr. Raghav Gupta (Student Treasurer) : +91 96024 52874
All the other relevant information and updates regarding the competition will be updated through the UPES LAC ADR Blog i.e. http://soladrupes.blogspot.com/ and our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/upesl ac adr.upeslacadr
For the brochure and the rules click here Brochure.