ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Legal Insider is a rapidly growing community of niche academicians, thinkers, activists, lawyers, professors, legal volunteers, paralegals and legal entrepreneurs who stand apart from the rest of the community with their zeal for deep thinking, leadership skills, and dedication for bringing innovation to the legal field.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Judgment Writing Competition, 2020 has been conceived with the aim to cultivate the art of writing judgments among students to push the students to write judgments. The students are given the feel of assuming the role of the judge. The great strength of this contest is to engage the students with multi-tasking of both creative lawyering and innovative judging.
Note: They will provide samples and guidance to the first-timers for a better understanding of this competition. Try participating in this event so that you can learn something new in this quarantine environment.
It shall be an online event.
At present students/participants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, i.e., 3-year LL.B. Course or 5-year LL.B from any recognized college or university or pursuing LL.M from any recognized university or preparing for the judiciary.
In one team, no more than 3 participants are allowed. But, however, participants may seek Individual or Single participation. In one team, participants from different universities or schools or colleges are allowed.
The judgment writing competition will have the following principles and purpose:
- To develop a judicious mind.
- To apply legal concepts with a clarity of thought.
- To promote the spirit of the rule of law and justice.
- To interpret the law in a justifiable manner with a view to meet ends of justice.
- The winner will be awarded a Cash Prize of Rs. 3000/-, & E-Certificate of excellence.
- 1st Runner-up will be awarded a Cash Prize of Rs. 1800/- & E-Certificate of excellence.
- 2nd Runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 900, & E-certificate of excellence.
- The next 20 following best candidates will be awarded an E-Certificate of Merit and Internship Opportunity with our team in the month of November.
- The top 6 Participants/teams will get an opportunity to get their piece of work published on our E-Journal (ISSN No will be provided).
- The top 8 participants will get a 60% Discount on the registration fee (any one of our upcoming events/competitions).
- The top 15 participants can join our documentation team (Core-committee) for a tenure of 2 months.
- A soft copy of the participation certificate will be provided to every eligible participant.
- Release of Proposition, Rules, and Commencement of Registration: 11th September 2020
- Last Date of Registration: 19th September 2020
- Last Date for seeking Clarifications: 22nd September 2020
- Last Date of Submission: 30th September 2020
- Declaration of Result of the Memorial Round: 15th October 2020
- For Single Authors: Rs 250/-
- For Co-Authors (Max 3 Participants): Rs 400/-
- It shall not exceed 4000 words (excluding authorities).
- The team is required to cite authorities similar to Judgments of Court.
- For full guidelines, samples and submission details visit https://thelegalinsider.com/index.php/events/
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Contact Number: +91-9720281573