ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Legis Scriptor is a transpiring team of ardent & fervent people across all the strata of the legal field, promoting academic excellence & ameliorating realms of knowledge to contribute in building skillful society. We endeavor to provide quality contemporary legal content concerning from tangled minute issues to issues of international concerns. We provide a platform to students across the length & breadth of the country to enhance their research & writing skills, which is the uttermost requirement of the today’s fast-evolving & zestful legal field.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
Law students are very enthusiastic about participating in the moot court competition in order to improve their skills and knowledge. In a moot court competition, however, much of the credit is offered to the speakers alone and somewhere, the importance of a high-quality memorial is shadowed.
The drafting of memorials is one of the most important aspects of any moot court competition, and without them, no moot court competition will be as stimulating as it should be.
Thus, to highlight the importance of Moot Memorials, the Legis Scriptor feels privileged to announce its 1st National Memorial Drafting Competition for the budding law students all over India.
MODE OF THE COMPETITION: Online
- The students currently enrolled in either five years or three years LL.B. courses or LL.M. programs from any recognized University/ Law College/ College/ Institution are eligible for participation in the competition.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Each team shall consist of one individual or two individuals or three individuals that qualify the eligibility criteria.
- Multiple teams are allowed from different University/ Law School/ College/ Departments.
- There shall be a nominal registration fee of Rs. 299/- for Single participant, Rs. 399/- for the team of two individuals and Rs. 499/- for the team of three individuals.
- The Registration Link is given below-
- The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstance.
- The last date for registration is 08:00 p.m. IST, 28th May, 2021.
- Only 30 teams will be allowed to register in the competition on first-come- first serve basis.
- Once a team registers by completing the formalities given, a Code (hereinafter “Team Code”) shall be assigned to the team.
Note: No approval from the respective institute of the participants is required for participation.
Submission of Memorials
- Every participant or team registered for the competition would be required to prepare one side memorial: Either memorial on behalf of the Petitioner/ Appellant or Memorial on behalf of the Respondent.
- All memorials must be submitted through Google Form till 11:59 P.M., till 6th June, 2021 and the link of the google form for submission, will be forwarded to the participants with the acknowledgement of registration and allotted team code, through E-mail after 28th May, 2021.
- Any submission made after the deadline specified shall attract a penalty of deduction of 0.50 marks per hour from the aggregate marks.
- No submission made after 24 hours of the deadline shall be accepted at any cost.
- All the Memorials must be submitted in both Microsoft Word Document format (.doc/.docx) and PDF Format (.pdf).
- The Memorial shall be typed on an A4 size page in Font type: Times New Roman, Font size: 12, 1.5-line spacing & 1-inch margin on each side.
- The Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing, justified.
- Each source or authority must be supported by bibliographical information using The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th ed.).
- The Memorials must include all the following specifications:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- List of Abbreviations
- Index of Authorities
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Statement of Facts
- Issues Raised
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments Advanced
- Annexures, if any (not mandatory)
- The Memorial shall not be of more than forty (40) pages, and the Arguments advance shall not exceed more than twenty-five (25) pages.
- The Cover Page of the Memorial must follow the following colour scheme, Blue for the Petitioner Cover Page and Red for the Respondent Cover Page. 7. The Team Code allotted to a team must be mentioned on the Cover Page of the Memorial’s upper right corner.
- The Cover Page must consist of the followings:
a) Team Code
b) Name of the Court/Forum
d) Cause Title
e) Party on whose behalf the Memorial is filed
- The participants are required to mention only those abbreviations which are used in the Memorial. If an abbreviation is found in the ‘List of Abbreviations’ but not used in the Memorial, it will attract a negative mark of 1 at a time. The ‘Index of Authorities’ must reflect the page(s) of Memorial where any authority is cited.
- The submission of the Memorials will be only accepted through Google Form Link, and the Memorials’ submission will be only accepted through Google Form Link.
- Mentioning of identification of any type in the Memorial shall lead to immediate disqualification.
∙ The non-adherence of sub-rule i shall attract the penalty of 5 marks.
∙ The non-adherence of sub-rule ii, iii, and iv shall attract the penalty of 1 mark each discrepancy.
EVALUATION OF MEMORIAL:
The contents of memorials shall be evaluated out of 100 marks. The criteria of evaluation are:
|Knowledge of law & facts||20|
|Interpretation of Law & Application of Law||20|
|Extent and use of research||20|
|Clarity & Organization||20|
|Style, Grammar, & Citation of Sources||20|
- The decision of the Judges shall be final regarding the outcome of the results.
- No additional documentation will be allowed.
- The organizers reserve the right to take any action against unethical, wrongful or unprofessional conduct.
- If there is any situation, not covered by the rules, the decision of the organizers shall be final and binding.
- The organizers reserve the right to amend the rules. However, due notice shall be provided to all participating teams.
- Selection will be on first come first basis as there will be limited seats.
- The participants are always required to comply with the rules formulated by the organizing Committee. In case of any non-compliance with the rules of the competition, penalty may be imposed by deduction of marks.
- All certificates shall be in digital form & digitally signed and will be sent on the e-mail id provided in the google form.
- Participants are advised to check their mailboxes regularly for updates.
- In the case of a tie, the higher rank would be determined on the basis of least time taken by the participant in submission of memorial.
Google Pay: legisscriptor@okicici
Phone Pay: 8851264387@ybl
OR pay through UPI
UPI ID: 8851264387@paytm
After the payment all participants are required to upload screenshots of the same on Google form given below while registration.
Last Date of Registration: 08:00 PM IST, 28th May, 2021
Last Date to Seek Clarification: 31st May, 2021
Date to Release Clarification: 1st June, 2021
Last Date for Memorial Submission: 6th June, 2021
Date for Announcing Result: 05:00 PM IST 8th June, 2021
AWARDS: PRIZES WORTH RS. 30,000/-
BEST TEAM (1st Position) – Prize money of Rs. 1100/- + Certificate of Excellence + 50% Discount in Publication in ISSN No. Journal.
Runner up Team (2nd Position) – Prize money of Rs. 800/- + Certificate of Excellence + 50% Discount in Publication in ISSN No. Journal.
3rd Position – 10th Position- Certificate of Merit + 50% Discount is Publication in blogspot.
All the participants who will register for this event, will receive “CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION”
All the participants will also get 30% off in Moot Mentorship Programme worth Rs. 900/- per team.
For Moot Preposition, Click on the link given below-
Contact us for any query:
WhatsApp number: 8851264387 (WHATSAPP ONLY)
Note: if in case of any query, participant can drop a message on whatsapp on the number given above and they will receive a call from concerned authority in 24 hours to resolve their query.