ABOUT THE EVENT:
This Law Debate is being organized with a purpose to spread the maximum legal awareness among the society. This competition will surely enhance the research and communication skills. There shall be individual speakers, one for the motion and another against it.
TOPIC: Beauty pageants are setting ridiculous standard in society! Justify the statement.
ELIGIBILITY: The competition is open for all.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR DEBATE:
- The speakers shall either speak for the motion or against the motion. No speaker would be permitted to speak from both the sides of the motion.
- Each speaker shall be allotted 3 minutes to present their arguments. However, the opener of the house shall be given 4 minutes at the commencement of the debate.
- Mere reading of the argument out of the paper would lead to deduction of marks.
- Use of unparliamentary language and gestures would result in disqualification of the participant.
- Participants speaking beyond the given time (3 minutes) would be subjected to deduction of points.
- The decision of the judges will be final and unchallengeable.
- All debaters should be visible on camera at all times during the competition.
- The opposition must mute their microphones to minimise noise interruption and unmute when the other person speaks.
- Last date of registration: 10th September, 2020
- Date of Debate Competition: 12th September, 2020 and 13th September,2020.
- Registration fees: 100 rupees
- The registration fees are to be paid via Google Pay (8577000000) or Paytm (7985877246).
- For queries DM on our Instagram handle or email us at [email protected].
PRIZE: Best Speaker (For the Motion and Against the Motion) Cash prize, Internship, Free Law Books and Free Publication.