ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The “L” Word is an open-access blog which gives a platform to the young budding minds of the legal fraternity to share their beautiful and creative legal thoughts and thereby giving them the opportunity to broadcast their ability and skill in legal writing. This Blog is still in its nascent stage and as an endeavor to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging the synthesis of knowledge and best practices we wish to create a vast pool of knowledge and wisdom for our readers to help them open up their minds.
This blog welcomes blog submissions on contemporary legal issues on a rolling basis. We accept submission from students, academicians, lawyers, judges and other esteemed members of the legal fraternity.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Public Interest Litigation (PIL) is one of the most indispensible parts of the Indian Legal System. The National PIL drafting competition aims at giving the budding mind of the legal fraternity an opportunity to understand the practical dynamics of PIL. The objective of the Competition is to improve and deepen the level analytical and critical thinking by involving the participants in some real-life practical problems. The participants would be required to draft one PIL memorial on any one of the given propositions.
ELIGIBILITY AND TEAM
- The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Individual participation or participation in a team of two is allowed.
- In one team, participants from different universities or schools or colleges are also allowed.
- The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with permission of the Organizer
HOW TO REGISTER
- The participating teams can register themselves by filling this Registration Form
- There shall be a nominal non-refundable registration fee of Rs. 150/- for Single participant and Rs. 200/- for the team of two.
- The participants have to pay the registration fee in the manner hereinafter provided.
- The payment screenshot must be attached within the registration form.
- After the successful registration, each participant or team shall be allotted a unique team code for further references.
- Payment has to be made by scanning the QR Code within the registration form with any UPI App (Paytm/ Phonepe/Google pay etc.)
- If you are facing any problem in making the payment, kindly email us at [email protected] we could suggest some other methods for your convenience.
|1||Registration Opens||August 3, 2020|
|2||Last Date to Register||August 23, 2020|
|3||Last date for the submission of Draft PILs||September 3, 2020|
|4||Declaration of Results||September 12, 2020|
PROPOSITIONS AND DETAILED GUIDELINES
- First Position: Cash Prize: Rs. 3000/- + Certificate of excellence + Gold Medal + Internship Opportunity (Six-month editorship MAY be offered in case of exceptional writing skills)
- Second Position: Cash Prize: Rs 1500/- +Certificate of Excellence + Silver Medal + Internship Opportunity (Six-month editorship MAY be offered in case of exceptional writing skills)
- Third Position: Cash Prize: Rs 500/- + Certificate of Merit + Bronze Medal + Internship Opportunity
- Position 4-13: E-Certificate of Merit
- All other participants would be entitled to receive E- participation certificates (E-certificate of appreciation CAN also be awarded in case of remarkable works)
NOTE: In case of team participation, the co-author to the winning entry, if any, shall share the prize with the first author.
- All queries can be sent on [email protected] or by filling the Contact form available on our website.
- Website: https://www.thelwordblogg.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thelword.official/