ABOUT PANJAB UNIVERSITY, CHANDIGARH
One of the oldest Universities in India, the Panjab University (PU) initiated at Lahore in 1882, has a long tradition of pursuing excellence in teaching and research in science and technology, humanities, social sciences, performing arts and sports. The glorious traditions of the University established during more than 133 years of its long service to the nation since its inception are a source of inspiration for the present generation of faculty members and students. Panjab University has been accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four-point scale at A Grade valid for 5 years from 25/06/2015. It ranked 1st among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015. It ranked number one University in India and the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters. It ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies.
ABOUT UNIVERSITY INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as the constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal Institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Students are trained in the essence of the substantive laws, techniques of procedural laws, methods of client counselling and skills in legal and social sciences research, etc. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counselling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions and Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute. The Institute’s Legal Aid Clinic, which provides free legal services to the economically weaker sections of the society as a part of the community outreach programme of the Institute, also offers opportunities to the students to work in co-ordination with practicing lawyers.
ABOUT CRIMINAL JUSTICE PRACTICUM CELL (CJPC)
Criminal Justice Practicum Cell (CJPC) is an applied learning programme for the youth to understand the depth of the criminal justice system through real-world experience. It is an essential first step in entering the world which will help the students to enhance skills and refine their career goals and plans. CJPC’s agenda is to expand and enrich student’s understanding of the criminal justice system. It will supplement traditional classroom teaching with some real-life in terms of experience. It will help the students to develop professional knowledge.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL ONLINE QUIZ (CRIMINAL LAW)
CJPC is a dedicated cell striving knowledge and excellence among students by stimulating their minds with academic and non-academic competitions. Quiz competitions are very important for achieving and clearing the competitive exams and making one more aware of the knowledge one possesses. As we keep on increasing the frequency of participating in quizzes, we keep improving our knowledge base. This also helps in improving one’s performance in subsequent quizzes and other exams as well and one is able to take quick decisions and understand the pattern of quizzes effectively. Quiz is a method to test oneself and testing identifies gaps in knowledge. The online edition of the quiz is convenient and an excellent way to enhance your skills and knowledge from home and gain some rewards for it.
This time CJPC brings you with all new 1st Edition of its Criminal Law dealing with the Indian Evidence Act, Code of Criminal Procedure, Indian Penal Code, the POCSO Act and Penology and Victimology. This is the 3rd Quiz Event being conducted by the CJPC. The CJPC is organising this online edition of quiz with a very nominal registration fee with exiting cash prizes and much more. We look forward for your participation in the event!!
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- The competition is open to the members of bar registered with any bar council.
- The competition is open to the faculty of any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- The Registration for the Quiz can be done by clicking at the following link:
- A nominal registration fee of Rs. 30has to be paid for the quiz competition.
- The Last date of registration is July 25, 2020, till noon.
- The results for the Quiz will be declared on the WhatsApp Group so made for the purpose, official Instagram handle of CJPC and official Facebook handle of CJPC.
The Bank details to pay the registration fee for quiz competition is as follows:
- Account Number: 919781520216
- Bank: Paytm Payments Bank Ltd
- Branch: Noida Branch
- IFSC Code: PYTM0123456
- Branch Code: 123456
The payment for the quiz competition could be also made via Google Pay/Paytm (Bank Only) at:
- Number: 9781520216
The payment for the quiz competition could be also made via UPI could be made at:
- UPI ID: [email protected]
PATTERN OF QUIZ
The quiz will consist of questions from the following topics:
- Indian Penal Code (IPC)
- Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC)
- Indian Evidence Act (IEA)
- Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act
- Penology & Victimology
SCHEME OF QUIZ
- There will be no negative markingfor the quiz.
- All the questions in the quiz will be in the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ’s)format.
- The participant who submits the quiz earlierwill be preferred in case of a tie between participants.
- The quiz will comprise of a total of 60 questions.
- The total time for attempting the quiz will be 30 minutes.
- The quiz will account for 160 Marksin total.
- The format of the questions will consist of short type, long typeand case law all in form of MCQ.
- The division of marks can be stated as follows:
|S. No.||No. of Questions||Division||Sub-Total|
|01||20 Q||1 M Each||20 M|
|02||10 Q||2 M Each||20 M|
|03||10 Q||3 M Each||30 M|
|04||10 Q||4 M Each||40 M|
|05||10 Q||5 M Each||50 M|
|TOTAL||60 Q||–||160 M|
MODE OF PLAY
- The quiz will be played via Google Forms.
- The Link for the quiz will be sent on the WhatsApp Groupso formed by the CJPC for the quiz.
- The link for joining the WhatsApp group for the Quiz will be send in the confirmation mail by the CJPC, once the participant successfully pays the money and submits the registration form for the same.
- CJPC will not be responsible for any technical error in paying the registration fee for the quiz competition or any connectivity/device failure during the Quiz.
|Release of Registration Form||July 06, 2020 – Monday|
|Last Date of Registration||July 25, 2020 (Till noon)- Saturday|
|Date of Competition||July 26, 2020 (11:30 A.M.- 12:00 P.M.)- Sunday|
|Result Declaration||July 26, 2020 (Evening)- Sunday|
|Receiving of Certificates||August 03, 2020 (Till noon)- Monday|
CASH PRIZES AND REWARDS
- The 1stWinner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1100 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2ndWinner will get a cash prize of Rs. 700 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 3rdWinner will get a cash prize of Rs. 500 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The next top 5 rank holderswill get the Certificate of Eminence (E-Certificate).
- The next top 15 rank holderswill get the Certificate of Excellence (E-Certificate).
- The next top 25 rank holderswill get the Certificate of Recognition (E- Certificate).
- The next top 50 rank holderswill get the Certificate of Appreciation (E-Certificate).
- All the participantsof the Quiz will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Dr. Anju Choudhary, Assistant Professor (Laws), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Kindly forward your queries (if any) at [email protected].
Feel free to contact the student coordinators in case of any doubt at:
- Japsehaj Singh (President)- 9915323500
- Dheerja (Convenor)- 7009465401
- Tanya Singla (Co-Convenor)- 8699301897
- Sayyam Garg (Co-ordinator)- 8437486962
- Sanigdha (Co-ordinator)
In case of any query related to payment, registration or quiz, feel free to contact:
- Vaibhav Goyal (Committee Head for Quiz)- 9781520216
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLE
For regular updates and future events of the CJPC, you can follow us on:
FOR BROCHURE: CLICK HERE