Amity Law School announces the 1st National Essay Writing Competition on Human Rights: Contemporary Issues & Challenges. Scope and meaning of Human Rights discourse are among the crucial challenges before the contemporary world. With these concerns, the competition invites papers seeking to broaden the conceptual boundaries of Human Rights, as understood in diverse fields such as Law, Social Sciences, and Politics.
Theme of the Competition
- Human Rights and the Armed forces
- Custodial Deaths in India
- Human Rights and Renewable Energy Sector
- Racism and Human Rights
- Discrimination at the Workplace
- Unlawful Killings: Continued Human Rights Abuses
- India’s Reservation System and Human Rights
- Efficacy of International Law as a Tool for the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights
- Healthcare a Human Right
- Human Rights of Labourers
- Human Rights while Countering Terrorism
- Human Rights of Women: International Perspectives
The Competition is open for:
- Students pursuing/completed Graduation/Post Graduation from any recognized University across the country.
- Academicians, Professionals, Scholars of any background.
Co-authorship: up-to two authors are permitted.
- Single Author- Rs. 450
- Co-Author- Rs. 800
Interested students are required to duly fill the registration form mentioned below.
*Registrants will receive a confirmation on approval of registration.
- The article must be submitted in the English language only.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of two members is allowed.
- No part of the article should contain any identification of the author. Every participant will be allotted a Submission Code.
- The suggested word limit for the essay is 3500 words inclusive of citations.
- Citation style must be uniform throughout the document and the Bluebook 20th Edition citation must be followed.
- All submissions must be original and a bonafide effort of the participants and should not be submitted for any other purpose except the competition.
- Organisers reserves all rights regarding eligibility/qualification/disqualification/publication of the submissions.
- Font – Times New Roman; Font Size – 12
- Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Justified
- Footnote Font Size – 10; Footnote Spacing – 1
The submission shall consist of Cover Page [containing the allotted submission code and Title of Article], and Article.
The article must be sent by email only to email@example.com with the subject “[Submission Code] HR Article Writing Competition” on or before 16th September 2020 by 23:59 IST.
While assessing the documents the weightage would be given as below:
- Originality and clarity of the content
- Quality of the analysis and research
- Language and Structure of the Article
- Grammar, syntax and form Copyright
- All the articles submitted shall be the exclusive property of Organizers.
- Organisers shall be free to use the information/ views therein in any manner it requires.
- Organisers shall not be responsible for any article(s) not received.
- Last Date of Registration – 10th September 2020
- Releasing Submission Codes – 12th September 2020
- Last Date of Submission – 16th September 2020
- Announcement of Result – 25th September 2020
Cash prize and certificates shall be provided for the following positions:
- 1st Prize – Certificate of Excellence + 5,000 INR + Online Publication
- 2nd Prize – Certificate of Excellence + 3,000 INR + Online Publication
- 3rd Prize – Certificate of Excellence + 2,000 INR + Online Publication
Certificate of Merit will be awarded to the Top Ten Participants (Excluding Top-Three).
Shortlisted articles will be published online with the name of the Author.
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants upon successful participation.
Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants. A soft copy of the Certificate of Participation will be sent to all the participants after the successful declaration of the results.
For any further details or queries, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp –
- Tanya: +91-7836070747
- Himanshu: +91-9654770494