ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The “L” Word is an open-access blog which gives a platform to the young budding minds of the legal fraternity to share their beautiful and creative legal thoughts and thereby giving them the opportunity to broadcast their ability and skill in legal writing. This Blog is still in its nascent stage and as an endeavor to become the beacon of legal education by encouraging the synthesis of knowledge and best practices we wish to create vast pool of knowledge and wisdom for our readers to help them open up their minds.
This blog welcomes blog submissions on contemporary legal issues on rolling basis. We accept submission from students, academicians, lawyers, judges and other esteemed members of the legal fraternity.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Before stepping into the professional realm, all of us have to go through a very significant stage called legal education. Legal education is the prerequisite to enter any endeavor in the legal world. However, the Indian legal education system is currently facing many challenges. As law students, we all would have witnessed many serious issues in either our own colleges or in somewhere around the legal education realm.
The L word Blog is organizing its First National Article Writing Competition on this significant issue entitled “Problems of the Legal Education System in India”
- The NLU v/s Non-NLU Debate
- Affordability and Access to Legal Education
- Corruption in Legal Education
- Outdated Curricula and Syllabi patterns
- Ensuring Diversity of Students and Teachers in Law Schools
- Teaching Methods in Law Schools: Need for Reforms
- Quality of Legal Education in India
- Grievance Redressal in Law Schools
- Internships- Challenges and Way Forward
- Problems of an ‘Average Law School’
- Practical aspect of Legal Education in India
- How use of Technology can improve legal education
- Student Politics in Law Colleges
- Role of Bar Council of India in legal education system
- Any other Topic concerned with legal education in India
- Students pursuing the three or five-year LLB course from any Law school/college/university in India are eligible to participate.
- Students pursuing their LLM from any Law school/college/university are eligible to participate.
- Academicians, Researchers and Ph.D./Doctoral Scholars from the field law.
- Advocates, NGOs and Think Tank.
Please note that we do not recommend ‘targeting or pin-pointing’ any particular Law School (s) in India. The Participants are requested to keep their argument general and free from any derogatory statement for a particular law school.
The contribution shall be evaluated on the basis of originality, innovativeness, conceptual clarity, grammar and language.
- First Position: Cash Prize: Rs. 1000/- + Certificate of excellence + Gold Medal + Online Internship Opportunity + Publication in E-Magazine to be Launched Soon + One Month Netflix Subscription
- Second Position: Cash Prize: Rs 800/- +Certificate of Excellence + Silver Medal + Online Internship Opportunity + Publication in the E-Magazine to be Launched Soon + One month Amazon Prime Subscription
- Third Position: Cash Prize: Rs 500/- + Certificate of Excellence + Bronze Medal + Publication in the E-Magazine to be Launched Soon.
- Position 4-13: E-Certificate of Appreciation + E-Certificate of Participation + Publication on the “L” Word Blog
- All other participants would be entitled to receive E- participation certificates (E-certificate of appreciation CAN also be awarded in case of remarkable works)
- Last date for registration: June 20, 2020
- Last date for submission: June 30, 2020
- Declaration of Results: July 7, 2020
HOW TO REGISTER?
- There shall be a nominal registration fee of Rs. 100/- per participant (Co-authors will have to register separately).
- The participants have to pay the registration fee in the manner hereinafter provided.
- Filling the Google Form is mandatory.
- Here is the link for registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfydNWFhcJbk7ZZV67topaL6dky0ckM806MS52fEskr-NJuvg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Payment has to be made by scanning the QR Code within the registration form with any UPI App (Paytm/ Phonepe/ Google pay etc.)
If you are facing any problem in making the payment, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we could suggest some other methods for your convenience.
- The work must be original which must be written solely by the Author(s) in English, and should not have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Word Limit: 2000-3000 Words
- A uniform mode of citation should be followed throughout the article.
- Participants should not mention their name or any kind of identification mark in the manuscript. A separate cover letter regarding the information of the author shall be sent which should include- Name, Designation, Email, Contact Information, Address and a brief introduction of both the author.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Any paper found with plagiarism above 10%shall be immediately rejected.
- All submissions have to be made in MS Word format in Times New Roman with font size 12 and 1.5-line spacing.
- It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that the submissions do not contain any material that is defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful or litigious.
- Co-authors to the entries are allowed. There can be a maximum of one co-author (Two Authors Max. Per submission)
- However, they will have to register separately (Filling the Google form individually) and by paying separate registration fees.
- Co-author to the winning entry, if any, shall equally benefit from the Prize (The prizes shall have to be shared).
- All queries can be sent on email@example.com or by filling the Contact form available on our website.
- Website: https://www.thelwordblogg.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-L-Word-Insight-of-A-Law-Freak-114090840298151/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thelword.official/