About the Organisation
Zia Judicials Legal Research Cell was formed due to the sub-standards of education provided by the existing institutes. Zia Judicials is located in Laxmi Nagar, Delhi.
About the Workshop
ROLE OF FORENSIC SCIENCE IN INDIAN CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
We are living in a world of knowledge revolution. The knowledge revolution has resulted in technological advancement leading to a drastic rise in the crime rate in India. With an increase in crime rate, the need to administer instant justice to the victims of the crime and their families is becoming the foremost duty of the Criminal Justice System. To administer time bound justice and to punish a criminal is the most important duty of the court. The growing significance of science and its application in crime investigation has paved an easier path for scientific investigation and administering justice in the right place and at the right time. For every case that is being tried in the court of law, scientific evidence is required to prove the innocence of the suspect or to punish him according to the law. To make the task easier, the Criminal Justice System is looking towards giving scientific conclusions to cases and the branch of science that is helping in the application of scientific principles for effective administration of Criminal Justice system is called Forensic Science. Forensic science is a multidisciplinary science, which helps in proving cases with scientific evidences. Evidence recovered from a crime scene tells its own tale and leads the investigator to the victim, suspect or people involved in the crime. A bloodstain, a seminal stain in sexual assault, a forged signature in document, a hair sample, skeletal remains recovered from crime scene, a morphed photograph, a fired weapon, a broken glass, a narcotic drug, a visceral sample collected after autopsy, a fingerprint on a tea cup found in the crime scene and many more evidences can help the police reach the suspect.
OBJECTIVE OF WORKSHOP
In the era of technology we cannot restrict our criminal justice system to the rules of probabilities. With the development of scientific tools we now can directly reach to the accused and create direct connection of offence with offender. DNA profiling, photograph profiling, fingerprinting detecting technique and much more can be done with so accuracy that it can directly lead the offender in to the control of criminal justice system.
Though these are highly expert techniques yet being an advocate, judge or law aspirant we should a basic knowledge of these techniques as without the understanding the there basic concepts it would not be possible for us to practise and judge the cases.
Therefore the present workshop will aim to provide the basic knowledge of the types of forensics evidence and how they play a vital role in finding the guilt. The workshop will also aims to give basic training of finger print analysis and much more.
WHO TO JOIN:
- Law students
- Judicial Aspirant; Etc.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Need of criminal law amendment in India.
- How to take finger print and there uses in criminal cases.
- Role of medical practitioner in examination of accused and victim.
- Essential medical examinations for victim and accused especially in rape and murder cases.
- How to analyse blood and semen from crime scene.
- How to study the reports of forensic expert.
- Recent advances in forensic science.
Guests and Speakers:
- Hon’ble Justice Mr. K.G. Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India is the Chief Guest in Inaugural Session
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice M.C. Garg, Former Judge MP & Delhi High Court is the Guest of Honour in Inaugural Session
- The speakers for the event are Dr. Asha Srivastava PSO & HOD (FPD),Central Forensic Science Laboratary, CBI
- Dr. Ranjeet Singh CEO, SIFS Fingerprint Expert
- Dr. Jaskaran Singh HOD, Forensic Science LPU, Punjab
- Dr. Gaurav Aggarwal Prof & Head Forensic Medicine M.S.Y. Medical College.
- Mr. Karnal Singh, IPS, Former Enforcement Director(ED) – Chief Guest in the Valedictory Session
- Advocate Jatan Singh, Vice President Delhi High Court Bar Association – Guest of Honour in the Valedictory Session
Date: 12th January 2020, Sunday
Time: 8:30am to 5:30pm
Venue : The Indian Society of International Law, New Delhi
Rs 1000/- (Students)
Rs 1500/- (Professionals)
Participation Certificate, Mementos for Participants, High Tea and Lunch at the Venue
For Registration and More details:
Contact : 8527322073 | 8005821541