The Guest Speakers:
Adv. Smeeksha Pandey
- Member in Singapore International Arbitration Centre
- Legal Practitioner at Delhi High Court and Honorable Supreme Court of India
- Earned LLM from Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur.
- Graduated with Specialization in ‘IPR’ from Amity University.
- Advocate at law Intellect, advocates and legal Consultants
- Associate editor at Journal on International Human Rights and Practices
- Omkar Dharwadkar
- Naturalist and a Birder
- 8+ years of experience.
- Recorded several rare species of birds, butterflies and dragon flies.
- Owner of ‘Mrugya Xpeditions.’
- President of Goa bird conservation network.
ABOUT TEAM LAWEST:
LAWEST- “Law at its best”
LAWEST is a dynamic venture with an aim to spread legal literacy among the citizens. This is a pro-bono initiative and the participation is open to all age groups. The events that we will conduct will aim at spreading legal literacy which is critical for every citizen to know. This knowledge will help the citizens in living more peacefully and cautiously in the nation.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
LAWEST is organizing a one day Webinar on the topic “EIA 2020, A boon or bane on Goa?” The Guest speakers for the session are Adv. Smeeksha Pandey and Mr. Omkar Dharwadkar. Deforestation has always been the constant hanging sword over the beautiful scenery that the Goa possesses. Due to recent projects that have been signed by the government, this beautiful scenery is in extreme danger. This webinar will provide us insights over these projects. We all love to visit Goa. But who wishes to save GOA?
OBJECTIVES OF THE WEBINAR
- Understanding the problem of Deforestation in Goa.
- Discovering the ways to save Goa.
- Interpreting the strategies to save Goa and its beautiful scenery.
- Analyzing and interpreting EIA, 2020
DATE: 6th September 2020
TIME: 13:00, IST Onwards
- No Registration fees
- E-Certificates will be provided to the registered participants only.
For Queries, Contact us at- firstname.lastname@example.org, Mob. No- 08267091796