ABOUT THE CONFERENCE :
KLEF College of Law and CIIE are organizing a Two-Day National Conference on INTELLECUAL PROPERTY LAW & ENTREPRENEURSHIP: EMERGING ISSUES & CHALLENGES with an objective of creating a nation-wide conversation and awareness on Intellectual Property Laws vis-à-vis Entrepreneurship in India. It is an opportunity to the students, academicians, Industrialists, law professionals and all other stakeholders to put forward their research articles and share their knowledge on the wide range of topics relating to Intellectual Property Laws.
Of late, Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) have been of high priority for the industrialists, educationalists, students, entrepreneurs and to the policymakers at large. The growing importance of knowledge and innovation has placed IP rights under the spotlight and highlighted the need to clearly assess how intellectual property interfaces with development in different socio-economic contexts. Legislative reform in the field of intellectual property and the modernization of the IP infrastructures has raised expectations on how the IP system/regime can be used to promote economic development.
The budding institutions (Entrepreneurs), at the helm of affairs of IPRs, are struggling with various challenges including identification of IPRs, protection, commercialization and dispute settlement etc. Although IPRs, in India, are within the legal framework of protection, it could not stand to the expectations of the Industry for reasons, to name a few, lack of scientific methods for commercialization, complex registration procedure, lack of awareness among stake holders, territorial diversities etc., contributing to the vulnerability of IPRs in India.
In addition to this, liberal economic policies of the Government have opened the opportunity to the Indian entrepreneurs to compete wit foreign enterprises. Be that, entrepreneurs cannot be insensitive about IPRs. Strong IPRs regium is instrumental for securing Foreign Investments. The embodiments of knowledge, universities, also do not have enough checks and balances in respect of knowledge transfer, preservation and protection. In view of this, large scale awareness programs spreading awareness among people including communities and students is the need of the hour.
CALL FOR PAPERS:
We cordially invite Articles and Research Papers on the Theme from all academicians, researchers, advocates, social activists and students pursuing law or any other academic degree. Interested participants may submit their abstracts and full papers for the Conference on the following e-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
THEME OF THE CONFERENCE:
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW and ENTREPRENEURSHIP: EMERGING ISSUES and CHALLENGES
• The language of the paper, the working language of the Conference and the presentations shall be done in English only.
• Co-authorship is permitted.
• The Author(s) are required to send Abstract of their Paper, upon selection of which by the Editorial Team, a mail confirmation will be sent. Accordingly, full-length paper shall be submitted within the stipulated time.
• The Abstract must contain the highlights of the full paper and should not exceed 300 words. The soft copy of the abstract shall be submitted along with a cover page containing the Name of the Author(s), University/Organization, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number, to be stated clearly in the cover page of the Paper.
• No part of the full length paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Publication is subject to Plagiarism check or clearance.
• All Abstracts will be published in the “Souvenir” and the same shall be launched on the day of inauguration of the conference (i.e. on 28th at 9:30am)
• In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the Conference to present the paper.
• A person may submit the maximum of only 1 article.
All submissions must be made in Soft Copy to the E-mail ID: CONFERENCELAW@KLUNIVERSITY.IN on or before the last date of submission. The body of the email must contain details of the Author and the Title of the Paper.
- All submissions must be made in the word document format.
- The text should be in Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing.
- One-inch margins on all sides should be maintained.
- 19th Bluebook citation format shall be strictly followed.
- The paper should be within 3000-3500 words inclusive of footnotes
• Professionals/Academicians/Business men and Research Scholars: INR 1500*/-
• Students of other universities and colleges – INR 800*/-
• Students of KL University – INR 500*/-
[*Registration fee and Accommodation fee shall be paid separately] [*Registration fee does not include Food and Accommodation] [*Registered Participant will be given Conference Kit and Certificate of participation/paper submission, as the case may be, and two times tea with snacks] [*By paying an additional amount of Rs.200/- Lunch for two days will also be provided, for the participants who did not opt for Accommodation]
Note: The registration fee shall be paid online to Ac No: 37543830746 SBI KLU Branch, IFSC: SBIN0021361or through a DD in Favour of ‘Principal, College of Law, KLEF’, payable at SBI KL Campus, Vaddeswarm, Guntur. At the registration desk, every participant must show the payment confirmation receipt.
Last date for submission of abstracts: 20th March, 2020
Last date for Full Paper submission: 25th March, 2020
Dr. K.I.Pavan Kumar, Associate Professor, KLEF College of Law, Ph: 8008999595
Mr. Abhishek, Assistant Professor, KLEF College of Law, Ph: 7893118627
Mr. Madhu Sharma, Assistant Professor, KLEF College of Law, Ph: 8008447244
Brochure : Click Here