ABOUT THE ORGANISATION AND COMPETITION
SAHITYA: The Literary Society of the SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies School of Law, Bengaluru Campus is organizing its first National Legal Essay Writing Competition through online submissions.
The objective of the essay writing competition is to bring out the creative writing talent of law students across the country on issues of contemporary and national importance.
- Animal Rights and Experimentation
- Legal Regulation and Artificial Intelligence: International and Indian Perspective
- The Citizenship Amendment Bill and North-east Politics
- Environmental Tort and Forest Fire
- Islamophobia and Secularism
The competition is open for participation to LLB students, LLM students, Research Scholars and working legal professionals as well.
- The word limit of the essay should be a minimum 2000 words and maximum 4000 words including footnotes.
- Submissions should be made in MS WORD format.
- The article should be in Times New Roman, 12 points with 1.5 line spacing
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10 points with single line spacing
- Any submission not accompanied by the above mentioned details shall be rejected.
- Plagiarism in any form is discouraged.
- The work should be the original unpublished work of the Author.
- Co-Authorship is permitted up to two authors per submission.
Copyright: The copyright for the written submissions shall remain with the Author and they are free to use their own material.
All submissions should be accompanied by a separate cover page with the following details:
- Title of the Essay
- Name of the Author(s)
- Working Professional/Student
- Designation/Year of Study
- Institutional Affiliation
- Current Address
- Email address(es) of the author(s)
- Contact number(s) of the author(s)
METHOD OF SUBMISSION
All submissions should be sent via email to litsoc.sol@[at]nmims.edu.in with the subject line as “1st ESSAY COMPETITION SUBMISSION”.
The deadline for submissions is on 15th April 2020
DECLARATION OF RESULTS
The results will be declared on 30th April. The evaluation will be done by a panel of judges consisting of eminent experts on the topics. All the submissions shall be sent to them and then the winners shall be ranked according to their evaluation.
- 1st prize: prize money worth Rs. 3500 and winning certificate
- 2nd and 3rd prize: Merit Certificates
- All other participants shall receive participation certificates
Participants should register through the google form link attached here.
- Single Author: Rs 400/- per submission
- Co-Authorship: Rs 500/- per submission
- Deadline for registration: 15th March
DETAILS FOR PAYMENT
The Registration Fee is to be transferred in favour of SVKM’S NMIMS via NEFT in the account details provided below:
- A/C Holder Name: SVKM’S NMIMS
- A/C Number: 435301010060080
- Bank Name: Union Bank Of India, Post Kalkere Bannerghatta Road, Dist. Bangalore- 560083
- IFSC Code: UBIN0543535
- Details: Student name and Institution/University’s name
NOTE: Please attach a screenshot of the payment details to the submission email and google doc form while doing registration.
- Deadline for Registration: 15th March, 11:59 PM
- Deadline for Submission: 15th April, 11:59 PM
- Date of Result Declaration: 30st April (Tentative)
All queries about the competition should be directed to
- Pritam Ghosh: Assistant Professor, NMIMS School of Law, Bangalore (Email: pritam.ghosh[at]nmims.edu)
- Student Conveners: Prashuk Jain (convenor) (Contact number: 7706954057, Email: PRASHUK.JAIN98[at]nmims.edu.in)
- Saumya Vats (co-convenor): Contact number: 9680656701, Email: saumya.vats33[at]nmims.edu.in
- Jeetika Aggarwal (co-convenor): Contact number: 9896588527, Email: JEETIKA.AGGARWAL02[at]nmims.edu.in
For detailed brochure, click here.