Unity PG and Law College in collaboration with Lawcorner.in ,Legge Rhythms and Max Law Firm are organising Justice Shah Muhammad Sulaiman National Essay Writing Competition.
- Constitutional Law & its challenges
- Judicial Activism
- Prison Administration
- Juvenile Homes –A study with Constitutional Perspective
- Hate Speech
- Mercy Petition
- Equality and exploitation with children in today’s context
- Speech and expression and defamation with reference to Indian constitution
- Due process of law in the present Indian context
- Rule of Law and the Indian Judiciary-A multidimensional study
- Criminalisation of politics
- Organised crime and its role and relevance
- Viability of constitutional amendments
- The Doctrine of eminent domain and the role of state
- Police atrocities and the Indian Constitution
- Collective Violence- A constitutional study
- The role of PIL in shaping the constitutional machinery of State
- Triple Talaq and the Indian Constitution-Applicability, Relevance and Scope
- Judicial Accountability –An Analysis
- Right to Vote with free will is it possible? The role of Evm’s, Ballot Paper in today’s scenario whether it is feasible or not?
Students enrolled in a 5 year integrated undergraduate Law programme or a 3-year LLB program recognized by the Bar Council of India and Non-Law Student who are pursuing an Undergraduate or Postgraduate programme from a recognized University.
- The Article must be submitted in English only, not exceeding 2000 words (footnotes are not mandatory).
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- Co-Authorship up to two members allowed.
- The article should be the original work of the authors. The article published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere or plagiarism beyond 30 % will lead to disqualification.
- The fee paid for the competition is non-refundable.
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel/disqualify any of the entry if found in violation of the guidelines for Submission.
- In all matters related to the Essay Competition, the decision of the Panel and Unity PG and Law College, Lucknow shall be final and conclusive.
- Name of the participants should be written on a cover page attached with the Essay containing college name and semester of the participant.
- The soft copy of the essay must be emailed to administrators one in Ms Word.doc/.docx format and one in PDF at onlineunityessaycompetition[at]gmail.com with the subject. “Justice Shah Muhammad Sulaiman National Essay Competition.”
- The body of the e-mail must specify the Name, E-mail id, Contact number and name of the College/University along with the year and semester of the Participant.
- The essay should not contain names or any other marks which reveal the identity of the author.
Registration procedure and fee details
Mode of payment
Note: Participants are required to send the screenshot of their payment along with the registration format onlineunityessaycompetition[at]gmail.com.
It is pertinent to mention that due to the inevitable typographical error in the previous brochure this number 7309826246 for the payment mode will not be used for registering a new number will be provided with a new brochure from 18th July 2019 and if someone has used the old number for payment the college will not be deemed liable in any of circumstances as
aforesaid mentioned above.
From 18th July 2019 this number- 7309826146 shall be used for registration purpose only.
Single Author: Rs. 200/-
Co-Authors: Rs. 300/-
- The author with the highest score in an essay will be declared as the “Winner” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 2500 along with the Certificate of Excellence and an unpaid internship opportunity at Max Law Firm, Lucknow, for a term of 15 days.
- The author with the second-highest score in an essay will be declared as the “1st Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 1500 along with the Certificate of Excellence and an unpaid internship opportunity at Max Law Firm, Lucknow for a term of 15 days.
- The author with the third-highest score in an essay will be declared as the “2nd Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 1000 along with the Certificate of Excellence and an unpaid internship opportunity at Max Law Firm, Lucknow, for a term of 15 days.
- The articles of the top five winners will be published at the official website of Law Corner, here.
- Participation certificate in Essay Competition shall be awarded, via email, to all participants upon the successful submission of Essay.
- Release of Competition: 04th July 2019
- Last Date of Registration: 25th August 2019
- Last Date of Submission: 5th September 2019
- Declaration of Result: 15th September 2019
About the Committee:
Faculty Convener: Mr. Khurshid Jameel (7905222720)
Faculty Co-Convener: Mr. Md. Wali Iftikhar (9919834698)
Syed Zainul Rizvi (Convener): 9889590947, 7985869970
Osama Qamar Siddiqui (Co-Convener): 7309826146
Zoya Husain (Co-Convener): 6386052026