About Criminal Law Review
Criminal Law Review (CrLR) is a legal start-up which began operations in Jan 2018. CrLR works tirelessly to assist the legal fraternity in the field of Criminal Law. It started as a criminal law blog, and is now working towards establishing itself as a full-fledged research organization.
In 2019, CrLR successfully conducted the first edition of Criminal Law Review National Writing Competition. And this time, we are back with another mystery for you to solve!
About The Competition
This is the first edition of the CrLR Judgment Writing Competition. The problem presented is primarily based on the principle of circumstantial evidence, an issue which has always been a topic of much discussion (/bone of contention), for one and all. The problem has been drafted by a Supreme Court Advocate who has previously worked at Amarchand & Mangaldas
Law students pursuing UG or PG (LLM) from any law college/institute (in India) are eligible.
Registration Fee & Process
Interested students must register themselves by paying the required registration fee (refer to ‘Schedule A’ attached below).
Once you have paid the requisite fee, kindly mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) the payment receipt along with the details of the author(s). Details would include – name of the author(s), college name, year of study and contact number.
|For Single Author||Rs. 250|
|For Co-Authors [Max of 2]||Rs. 400|
Method of Payment
Paytm/Google Pay 8172890212
Paytm UPI 8172890212@paytm
- Co-authorship is permitted (maximum of 2 authors).
- The manuscript submitted must be an original work of author and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere.
- Word Limit 3000-4000 (inclusive of footnotes).
- The manuscript must not disclose identity of the authors (e.g., their names, name of institution etc.)
- Along with the manuscript, authors must attach a cover letter which would have the details of the authors
- All the required documents (manuscript and cover letter) must be in doc or doc.x format and must be mailed to email@example.com subject Manuscript Submission | CrLR Judgment Writing Competition’20
- All the footnotes must be cited as per The Bluebook (20th edition).
- Headings: Times New Roman, Size- 14, Bold, Line Spacing 1.5 and Centre Aligned.
- Sub-headings: Times New Roman, Size 13, Bold and Italics, Line Spacing 1.5. and Justified.
- Other Text(In main body): Times New Roman, Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5 and justified.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, Size 10, Line Spacing 1.0 (Follow Bluebook 20thedition).
Prizes Money, Certificate & Other Perks
- Winner Rs. 5,000
- Runners-up Rs. 3,000
- Second Runners-up Rs. 2,000
- Appreciation Certificate to next Best 4 [Rank 3 to Rank 7]
- Participation Certificate to all the participants.
- Free access to our e-Book ‘Eight Landmark Criminal Law Judgment of 2018’ to all the participants.
- Registration Deadline: April 5th, 2020
- Last Date to seek Clarification: 15thApril 2020
- Submission Deadline: 7thMay 2020
The problem for the Competition
For any queries, please mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp on 7434045410.