The need for sound policy making and implementation cannot be more evident than in tough times like these and the need for educated, thoughtful leaders to serve the country is now more than ever. If you desire to make an impact, shape the country and the world and be a global changemaker, public policy is an area you should consider. The CPL fellowship provides fellows with the right academic framework required to enter the world of public service and governance.
If you are excited to learn about public policy and hope to be a public leader, the CPL Fellowship is the right place for you. Learn from experts in the field of public policy such as Mr. Pawan Khera, Nidhi Razdan, Mr. Shivshankar Menon, Yamini Aiyar, Shri Anil Swarup, Prof. Steve Jarding, Dr. Shashi Tharoor etc. Applications are now open. Your journey into the world of public policy starts here.
4th Edition of CPL Fellowship
The fourth edition of Citizens for Public Leadership Fellowship invites applications for a part-time fellowship program from mid-career researchers, professionals and young scholars. The CPL Fellowship was conceptualised with the aim of providing a platform to young, future leaders to engage in meaningful and comprehensive discussion with public policy leaders and influencers. The Fellowship is designed to impart knowledge in various thematic areas that fall under the umbrella of public policy – Economy, Politics, Law, Foreign Policy, Social and Urban Policy and Media.
The fellowship this year will include-
- 9 Foundational Courses
- 10 Skill Shops
- 2 Assignments
- 20 sessions With Thought Leaders
- 3-Day Policy Workshop
- 1 Capstone Project (Research Paper/Fieldwork)
CPL is looking for fellows who have demonstrated the ability to make an impact in public policy in India and who we believe can use the learnings from the fellowship in synergy with their existing qualifications and experience to set the narrative for public policy in India. For this purpose, we are looking for fellows with strong leadership skills and commitment to public service. Fellows will be expected to show utmost dedication to the programme and complete all coursework and projects for the fellowship period of one year.
- Students must be in their final year of undergraduate studies at least. Post graduate students are welcome to apply.
- Students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance and extracurricular participation will make for a strong application.
Applications close at 11:59 p.m. IST on Sunday, 29th November 2020.
All applicants are required to submit a detailed application form as indicated below:
- General Application Form – including personal, contact, academic and professional information
- Statement of Purpose – A personal statement explaining your interest in the fellowship and your passion and aptitude for public leadership. (350 words)
- Letter of recommendation – A confidential recommendation letter from an employer or an academic staff. (max 2MB, PDF format)
- A detailed CV (max 2MB; PDF format)
- Essay –
- Why is policy a relevant field of study in today’s times? Explain with an example. (150-200 words) [Compulsory]
- In 400 words, choose a contemporary issue of your choice. The essay needs to be well researched and of sound academic rigour. Feel free to share your opinion in the essay.
Write a well-researched policy analysis on a topic of your choice with relevant facts and references that will highlight your ability to explore complex public policy issues. (400 words) [Choose one of the above]
The above documents must be submitted online for an eligible candidate to be considered for the CPL Fellowship by 29th November 2020. After review of preliminary applications, a selected number of candidates will be called for a telephonic interview. Candidates who are selected for the CPL fellowship will be contacted via email. Incomplete applications will not be considered