ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL) is a law university located in Ranchi, Jharkhand, India. It was established by a legislative Act, by the state of Jharkhand as the fourteenth National Law University of India.
Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS) was formed in September 1984 by the merger of Gandhi Darshan at Rajghat and Gandhi Smriti, at 5, Tees January Marg as an autonomous body, and is functioning under the constructive advice and financial support from the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Centre for Human Rights and Subaltern Studies (CHRSS) was created with an objective to work on protection of human rights. The Centre focuses on various human rights issues. The idea of human rights maintains that there are certain rights Universal, Inherent and Inalienable in nature.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
Many celebrated peace activists and Nobel Peace Prize recipients have acknowledged their intellectual debt to Mahatma Gandhi, and there has also been much written about Gandhi’s influence on social activists and some writing on his influence on the shaping of recent significant peace, justice and environmental philosophies.
However, it is puzzling that possible links between Gandhian praxis and the recent conflict resolution/negotiation literature have received so little attention.
The seminar is sponsored by Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS). This One Day National Seminar is being organised to create a platform of wide conversation, providing an opportunity to the Students, Academicians & Law Professionals to put forward their research and share their knowledge on the relevance and applicability of Gandhian principles in Judicial System.
This seminar provides a unique opportunity for Lawyers and associated professionals to explore more in the region, exchange insights, analysis of current policy and practice, issues and exposure to a professional network of colleagues with shared interest and expertise.
Venue: National University of Study and Research in Law, Pithoria Road, Bukru, Kanke, Ranchi, Jharkhand, 834006.
Academicians, students, legal professionals and researchers are invited to come up with their contributions.
The theme of the seminar is “Gandhian Principles in Judicial Systems” and includes the following sub-themes:
- Judicial Empathy vs Judicial Reasoning
- Mahatma Gandhi as a Communicator in “ADR”.
- Judicial Ethics: A global perspective.
- Gandhian thoughts and philosophy in Legal practice after Gandhi.
- Papers should be written in English.
- Co-authorship is permitted, subject to a limit of a maximum of two authors per submission.
- Author Name, University/Organization’s Name, Paper Title, Email Address and Mobile Number to be stated clearly on the Cover Page of the Paper.
- Abstract: About 350 words; Final Paper: 3000-6000 words.
- Bluebook 19th Edition format shall be followed for citation.
- Participants & selected paper presenters (including Author and Co-author) will be required to fill out the form which will be sent through email after intimation of the selection of the Paper or upon request for participation in the Seminar.
- In the case of Co-authorship at least, one Author must attend the Seminar to present the Paper.
- The registration fee needs to be paid by 15th November 2019.
- Publication of Papers submitted will be subject to the scrutiny of the Publisher.
- The Selected papers published in the form of the proceeding shall be provided to the participants by paying seminar proceeding charge.
Seminar date: 10th DECEMBER, 2019
Last Date for Final Paper Submission: 30th NOVEMBER, 2019.
Send a Registration Mail togsds.nusrl[at]gmail.com.
FOR DECLARATION FORM: CLICK HERE
FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
Submit Papers on Idgsds.nusrl[at]gmail.com.
PRANJAL CHATURVEDI (7903532907)
SHIVANI PAHUJA (8298872871)