ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
7th V.S. Sundaram Memorial Research Paper Competition is being organized By School of Excellence In Law, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University In Association With Subbaraya Aiyar, Padmanabhan And Ramamani (S.A.P.R) Advocates).
TOPIC FOR THE RESEARCH PAPER
The topic for the Research paper is: “Detailed Analysis of “Significant Economic Presence” in Explanation 2A of Section 9(1)(i) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
HOW TO SUBMIT?
- No Registration Fee is required to be paid for the V.S. Sundaram Memorial Research Paper Competition.
- Each participating college can send a maximum of one article. Each article can be authored by a maximum of two students.
- Entries must be in English only.
- Participation is restricted to students enrolled in undergraduate courses in Law, Accountancy, Commerce and Taxation.
- Participants must also submit a short biodata mentioning their full name, college name, contact number, email, and postal address.
- The research article must comprise not less than 7500 words and not more than 10000 words including footnotes.
- Participants must email a copy of their entry as a Read-Only MS-Word document to mca.soel[at]gmail.com and info[at]saprlaw.com on or before 20th February 2020 by 23:59 hours.
- Two hard copies of each entry along with a soft copy of the same in a Compact Disc (CD) must be submitted to The Convener, 7th V.S.Sundaram Memorial Research Paper Competition, School of Excellence in Law, Tamilnadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University MGR Salai (Near Taramani Railway Station), Perungudi, Chennai 600096. Entries must reach the above-mentioned address on or before 25th February 2020 by 5:00 p.m. IST.
- Each entry shall be enclosed with a covering letter on the letterhead of the participating college, which mentions the name and year of the student/s.
- A Medal and cash prize of Rs. 20,000/- shall be awarded to the best research paper.
- E-Certificates of Participation will be issued to each of the participants.
- The Best Article will be published in a journal published by the Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University, Chennai.
- The results shall be posted on the website on 28th February 2020.
- The Winner of the Best Research Article will be felicitated at the Valedictory of the 10thR Ramamani Memorial National Moot Court Competition, 2020 to be held on 8th March, 2020 at the School of Excellence in Law, The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University campus, Chennai.
IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES
|Last date for submission of soft copy||20th February 2020|
|Last date for submission of hard copy||25th February 2020|
|Announcement of Results||28th February 2020|
|Felicitation of Winners||8th March 2020|
CONTACT (STUDENT COORDINATORS)
Mr. MANJUNATH KARTHIKEYAN (+91 8754420022), Ms. HARINI P.M (+91 7395980789)