About the Competition
The Constitutional Law Society in furtherance of its initiative of encouraging debate and discussion in the subject of Constitutional Law is organizing the Second Inter-University Judgment Writing Competition.
The objective of this Competition is to enable the students to approach a factual matrix from the point of view of a Judge, apply the law and render the judgment. The participants shall be expected to think like a Judge and reach a well-reasoned conclusion.
- The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school in India.
- Individual participation, as well as participation in a team of two i.e. co-authorship, is allowed.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- The participants shall be provided with a factual matrix (follow the link at the end) and would be required to write a judgment based on the same.
- The participants shall write a single opinion. Multiple opinions/dissenting opinions are not allowed.
Important Dates/ Timeline
- Release of the Hypothetical: 5th March, 2020
- Last date for the Consent of Participation: 10th March, 2020
- Last day for seeking Clarifications: 12th March, 2020
- Release of the Official Clarifications: 14th March, 2020
- Submission of Manuscripts: 5th April, 2020
- Declaration of results: Last week of April
*Kindly note that the timeline is tentative and subject to change.
- First Position: Rs. 15,000/- (sponsored by Senior Advocate Mr. Raju Ramachandran, Supreme Court of India)
- Second Position: Rs. 10,000/- (sponsored by the Eastern Book Company)
- Third Position: Rs. 5,000/-
Rules and Regulations
The format and the assessment criteria of the submissions are mentioned in the Rules and Regulations of the Competition. The students shall send their consent for participation and submit their judgments in the format provided in the aforementioned Rules and Regulations. The participants are required to strictly adhere to the Rules and Regulations of the Competition.
Kindly find the Proposition and the Rules and Regulations at the link below;